Senior Engineer, Serialization and Asset Management - Engine
8 days ago
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with specialization in serialization and asset management to join our team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As a new member of the Engine Initiative you will be responsible for developing and maintaining our asset storage and serialisation technology. This means you will work to improve performance and ensure correct validation of asset data. Optimization will be a large part of this role whereby you will be responsible for improving load and processing times of assets.
Who you are:
- You are interested in optimization and getting all you can out of hardware.
- You have a keen interest in how data is stored and how data can be sent efficiently.
- You enjoy collaboration with and mentoring colleagues.
- Willingness to learn and develop your skills.
Some of your role:
- Developing and maintaining serialization and deserialization of JSON, binary, art and audio assets within Hytale.
- Developing and maintaining how we store and consume assets.
- Optimization of asset loading time and memory usage.
- Support other initiatives as direct customers who use the asset systems.
- 3+ years of experience working with Java.
- Experience with input and data validation.
- Experience with efficient Json and binary serialization.
- Keen eye for performance optimization.
- An understanding of software security and how to minimize vulnerabilities through system design.
- Able to break down complex tasks into small actionable iterations.
- Proficient in both written and verbal communication with technical and non-technical individuals.
- Team-oriented, self-motivated, and autonomous.
- Passionate about games and gaming.
- Experience with Networking.
- Proficient with Json Schema.
- Familiar with C#.
- Experience with Localization.
We can offer:
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- The ability to work remotely.