Senior Engineer, DevOps
11 days ago
With our games played in 90+ countries and heavily data driven, the Dots cloud infrastructure tripled over the last 2 years. We are now expanding our DevOps team to match the studio’s ambitions. We are looking for a power DevOps engineer with a gamer’s heart passionate about solving challenging problems, running world-class DevOps and applying cutting edge tools, technology and best practices.
Help Dots define, design and implement best in class CI/CD tools and processes, enabling highly automated and efficient management of the Dots cloud gaming systems and services.
Join us if you...
Like challenges and working on fun high pace projects! Have a mix of strong technical expertise, engineering best practices, business communication, hands-on architecture, projects delivery, and cross-team collaboration. You enjoy mentoring juniors engineers with varying levels of experience. You should be a true practitioner of the modern DevOps and SRE philosophy, methodologies, tools and operational processes.
Successful candidates will be passionate about their own ideas and vision, but equally passionate and genuinely curious about alternative points of view and committed to finding the best solution, regardless of where it comes from. In addition, you should be motivated by the overall team’s success, setting high standards and continuously improving tools and processes.
Our Roadmap You Will Be Working On....
Below are some of the items on our current roadmap. As the key technical contributor on the backend engineering team, you will be an active driving force behind the roadmap vision - helping the team to continuously reinvent and take these to the next level! If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to have a chat.
- Doubling our Cloud footprint in the next 18 months
- Dynamically scalable self-adjusting Kubernetes based infrastructure for our Game microservices and data stores
- Github Actions based automated CI/CD pipelines for creation and management of dynamic Dev, QA, Performance and PROD environments.
- Github Actions build pipelines for Unity Game clients and Game microservices
- Automation and simplification of configuration management for Game microservices.
- Integration with best in class AMP platforms and proactive, data-driven, AI assisted systems monitoring and run time management.
- Migrating the remaining Dots legacy AWS Beanstalk based infrastructure to Kubernetes
- Be a leader and a team player
- Self-starter looking for the next big learning opportunity and challenge
- Compassionate team player and practical innovator with strong culture of giving and receiving constructive feedback and going above and beyond for the team
- Dedication to setting highest standards and nurturing great people
- Strong attention to details and sense of ownership
- Passion for building great systems and ambition to do it on global scale
- Lifetime dedication to quality, finding the best ideas and building unbreakable systems
- Be an engineer
- Solid computer science fundamentals and a great engineering intuition
- Long history (6+ years) with Linux, UNIX, CoreOS, etc.
- 4+ years experience designing and building modern CI/CD pipelines for Cloud based high performance mission critical systems
- Strong experience with Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Chef
- Strong understanding of and experience with containers (Docker, Nomad, Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm)
- Strong understanding of and hands on experience networking, cloud storage, cloud db management
- Experience with HashiCorp stack - Nomad, Consul, Vault is a plus
- Track record of modernizing and improving CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with hosted Apple provider such as MacStadium is a strong plus
- Understanding of modern CI/CD pipelines for databases is a strong plus
- Experience operating Cloud infrastructure for direct-to-consumer global e-commerce web portals or mobile apps
- Very comfortable with one or more cloud provider (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Hands-on experience managing Live deployments for always-on systems and services
- Hands-on experience setting up effective systems telemetry and monitoring. Experience with AMP platforms, such as New Relic or DataDog is a strong plus.
- Expertise in AWS lambda and kinesis tools is a plus
- Understanding of and experience managing CDN platforms (Akamai, CloudFront)
- 2+ years of experience as a hands on software engineer with focus on backend services and systems
- Experience building backend services with Python is a strong plus
- Experience with SQL and No-SQL databases is a strong plus
- Strong command of Backend services performance optimization, high availability deployment and operations
- Experience supporting highly instrumented analytics-driven products
- A passion and knowledge for games is a big plus
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and be in the NY Metropolitan area or willing to relocate
Dots is an award-winning gaming company with three mobile hits— Dots , Two Dots , and Dots & Co —and over 100 million installs. We are newly proud members of the Take-Two Interactive family.
While currently fully remote, we expect to return to our stylish office, located in Manhattan in the historic Meatpacking District, once we can safely do so.
We promote a friendly, honest, and collaborative work environment and believe we are at our best when we include everyone, regardless of one’s race, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical ability or attribute, and religious beliefs. We are proud of the diversity we’ve fostered and are continuing to make changes within the company to make Dots more equitable for everyone.
What We Offer You:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Great Company Culture. Dots is an award-winning gaming company with three mobile hits—Dots, Two Dots, and Dots & Co—and over 100 million installs. We are newly proud members of the T2 family.
- While currently fully remote, we expect to return to our stylish office, located in Manhattan in the historic Meatpacking District, once we can safely do so.
- We promote a friendly, honest, and collaborative work environment and believe we are at our best when we include everyone, regardless of one’s race, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical ability or attribute, and religious beliefs. We are proud of the diversity we’ve fostered and are continuing to make changes within the company to make Dots more equitable for everyone.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!