Senior Engine Programmer
Bordeaux Nouvelle-Aquitaine fr
16 days ago
For its Bordeaux Production Studio, Ubisoft is looking for a Senior Engine Programmer to join a team in charge of developing the upcoming Beyond Good & Evil 2. As an Engine Programmer, you will be responsible of developing low-level systems and have a major emphasis on visual quality and stability. You can validate specific engine features and contribute to enhancing their performance and the game quality. Your main tasks will include:
- Modifiy existing code to improve its design, structure, or clarity without changing the external behavior.
- Analyze existing engine and tools features and recover/determine user’s needs (Gameplay Programmers, Level Artists, Level Designers…).
- Make suggestions and improvements to answer needs by designing and implementing new systems.
- Offer solutions to implement those needs and choose optimal solution based on the available information. Provide best estimation of feature delivery.
- Analyzes requests and raises flags, foresees potential issues, offer different options.
- Determine and fix the bugs identified by other production and quality control teams.
- Remain on top of your job expertise and make proposals to push the boundaries.
- Coaching and Mentoring of less experienced programmers (Junior or Intern profiles).
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience, preferably in the gaming industry on current or next-gen consoles.
- Strong interest and competencies regarding general architecture and consoles implementation and improvements.
- Extensive knowledge of C++ programming and debugging, LUA is an asset.
- Experience in coding (GPU, CPU) in a multiplatform context.
- Strong understanding of programming algorithms and multithreading on CPU.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, work as a team-player.
- Passionate about video gaming.
- Advanced English level.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above. Experience on Unreal Engine or other Engine will also be considered.
- Phone Interview
- Interview with our internal teams
- Final interview with the project manager
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer. According to the sanitary measures related to COVID-19, all interviews will be held by visioconference and every employee can partially work from home.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players' lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge. Take entertainment to the next level, join us and create the unknown!
Ubisoft Bordeaux works with passion on the biggest AAA's and aims to offer the best gaming experiences for our players. Today, our studio counts more than 270 talents from 15 different nationalities and is working on licenses such as Assassin’s Creed, Rainbow Six, Beyond Good & Evil 2, but also on mobile games, as well as exciting technologies with Harbour team, our Ubisoft's online service group, and the Streaming team.