This job might no longer be available.
Senior Engine Programmer
Cary, NC United States of America
4 months ago
Epic Games is looking for a Senior Engine Programmer with an emphasis on performance and scalability to join our Gameplay Framework team. We focus on providing game programmers and designers a clean, fast, and scalable gameplay framework and the means to interact with it through C++, Blueprints, or other scripting solutions. We work with game programmers and designers from internal game teams, engine licensees, and the community to rethink existing systems and create new features.
- Analyzing and fixing common problems in a game engine such as load times, memory usage, and performance problems
- Solving for new ways to build vast, interactive worlds
- Designing and implementing features for the Unreal Engine 4 gameplay framework
- Bug fixing and maintaining the existing Unreal Engine 4 code base
- Supporting external customers by answering their requests and questions
- Supporting internal teams to build and ship successful games
- Excellent C++ skills (API design, memory management, cache efficiency)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent optimization, profiling, and debugging skills
- Pragmatic and creative problem solver
- Familiarity with an existing game engine and a demonstrated understanding of engine architecture and gameplay systems
- Experience developing in a large codebase; ideally designing and implementing a tool or subsystem from the ground up
- Experience with data layout and its critical impact on performance
- Passion for creating great user experiences through tools and APIs
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 is a big plus
- Familiarity with multiple platforms is a plus
- Familiarity with networked gameplay systems and prediction is a plus
If you’d like to be part of the future of the award-winning Unreal Engine, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!