This job might no longer be available.
Senior Engine Programmer
20 days ago
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for a Senior Engine Programmer to support The Molasses Flood development studio in their own ambitious project which is based on one of CD PROJEKT’s IPs. The hired engineer will be an integral part of the programming team extending UE4/UE5 for future titles. You will have a unique opportunity to work on a new project and architect the systems and tools that empower the team to create great games. The person in this role will be working across all disciplines to ensure that the engine technologies are meeting the needs of all stakeholders.
- Ensure efficient and timely delivery of core engine features, and ensure that they are scoped properly.
- Distill engine support and performance requests into meaningful, actionable work.
- Ensure the technical approach being proposed for a given task satisfies both the stakeholder need and meets solid engineering fundamentals.
- Propose the architecture and provide the vision for engine enhancements which deliver on requested functionality and performance.
- Propose tools or technologies that could enhance our ability to deliver great engine systems support.
- Participate in the interviewing process for the Engineering team.
- Mentor and coach more junior engine programmers.
- Experience developing and shipping games professionally.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to be creative in finding solutions.
- Strong C++ skills and the ability to code and architect engine systems and tools.
- Experience with optimising for memory and CPU performance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently.
- Curiosity, kindness, and a positive and professional can-do attitude.
Nice to have
- Experience working in Unreal Engine 4/5.
- Experience developing for consoles.
- Shipped a multiplayer game.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Support during COVID-19 — regular tests and COVID vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world.
- Sustainable campus with an eco ethos — solar panels provide green energy, 2000 plants and an air-filtering system to help provide clean air, electric car charging points, flower meadows, and more green features in the works.
- An onsite, well-equipped gym with a climbing wall and a personal trainer available every day and pilates classes.
- Car and bike parking spaces.
- A designated space for your bicycle, as well as bicycle repair equipment and showers available whenever you need them.
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.
- Relocation package – flight ticket, company apartment for your first month, relocating your pet, shipping your belongings: it’s all covered. Who said moving countries needs to be complicated?
- Relocation assistance — processing your legalization operations for you, assistance with finding residence, tax settlements, helping out with translations if needed, and much more — we have dedicated teams to help make sure that all you need to feel right at home is taken care of.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees — and for your spouse or partner, too.
- Paid Leave — from 20 to 26 days of holiday for every team member per year, paid sick leave, and paid maternity & paternity leave.
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.