This job might no longer be available.
Senior Engine Programmer - Beyond Good & Evil 2
15 days ago
As a Senior Engine Programmer, you will work together with the Engine Rendering and Physics Teams, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining low-level systems and overall architecture. You will be working on multiple platforms and in areas such as rendering systems, physics systems, shaders programming, performance profiling, rendering tools design and development, etc.
What you'll do
- Develop shaders and 3D tools to enhance the technical artists workflow.
- Develop physics algorithms and tools in our new physics pipeline.
- Keep our solutions up to date with new hardware features that become available on the various platforms.
- Collaborate with other Ubisoft studios to extend the capabilities of our in-house technology.
- Profile and optimize performance and memory usage.
- Stay up to date on trends and methodologies in current and future graphics and physics software development, to continuously help us improve our technology.
- Identify potential risks to the project and bring it to the attention of management.
- Support and mentor engineers and technical artists.
- Research and oversee the implementation of rendering techniques and physics algorithms.
What you'll bring
- Professional experience in graphics and physics programming overall.
- Excellent knowledge in C/C++.
- Experience in programming robust, optimized and efficient code.
- Debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate with the development teams to reach the highest possible technical quality.
- Being a team player by heart.
- Shipped at least 1 AAA title as a Senior Engine Programmer.
- Strong understanding of real time rendering requirements, rendering pipelines, and rendering capabilities for next-gen technologies.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, C# and/or Lua.
- Proven experience developing complex shaders.
- Strong knowledge in programming shader languages: GLSL, HLSL, SPIR-V
- Good knowledge of physics algorithms and best practices.
- Experience in creating memory friendly, cache efficient and optimized code in a multithreaded environment.
- Experience in using different CPU and memory profiling tools.
- Worked on your own engine.
- Experience with Havoc API.
- Experience with platforms where performance/bandwidth restrictions exist.
- Understanding of new hardware architecture and details (PC/Console).
Our studio is located in one of the most popular urban area of Europe: Barcelona! We bet that you know Barcelona, either for its amazing architecture / monuments, famous nightlife, restaurants, super weather and beaches, culture or for its great life quality.
Here in Barcelona, as well as in the studio, you will meet people from around the world, eat hundreds of different foods, play different sports, talk about art and history, share amazing life experience with creative, open-minded and dynamic people.
We encourage everyone to inspire the world and build the future! We promote a friendly, creative and passionate culture to develop the best AAA game and invest time in playing any type of games, if it’s together, even better!
Are you ready to join the Ubi family for your new challenge? We are already excited to meet you!
What we offer
- Restaurant Tickets: 120 € per month (1440€ net/Year).
- 25 working days of holidays and the day of your birthday.
- Flexible working hours & Flexible Friday.
- Work from home (Up to 60 % in a month).
- Beneficial Price to a Health Care Insurance for you (and eventually to the members of your family).
- Beneficial Price to Sport activities and gym (app: Andjoy).
- Access to tax discounts from your public transport and kindergarten costs.
- Free Fruits and drinks in the Office.
- Breakfast on Monday in the Office.
- Free access to Ubisoft games on PC / Discounts for Ubisoft console games.
- Team Building events.
- Relocation Assistance and Visa sponsorship.
Ubisoft Barcelona as an equal opportunity employer is committed to create an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnic group, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, age, marital status, disability or all the other characteristics that make us different. We've learnt that we thrive on learning from each other, so we don't just welcome but actively hire a range of open-minded people from different backgrounds.
We encourage you to provide
- CV in English (In respect of the EOE statement we don´t require personal information such as picture, home address, ID number, etc.)
Ubisoft Barcelona, part of Ubisoft’s international network of production studios, has developed for over 20 years a strong expertise in the production of videogames from a large variety of genres and platforms. The Studio is continuously looking to grow its team with highly professional, passionate and talented people.
During these years, the studio worked on the following franchises: “Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon®”, “Assassin’s Creed®” , “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” or “Star Trek™: Bridge Crew” on VR…
The team is currently working on the “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” Live Game, "Beyond Good & Evil 2" and unannounced AAA projects.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.