Senior Engine/Animation Programmer [Unannounced Project]
8 days ago
Are you interested to be part of creating a new animation system that has no legacy to maintain? This is your chance to make it right from start. Send us a message today!
We are looking for a Senior Engine/Animation Programmer to join our studio for an ambitious unannounced project here in Stockholm Sweden.
As an Engine/Animation Programmer, you will join our team with a focus on creating core systems on which world-class data-driven gameplay systems are built. Using your extensive knowledge of algorithms, data structures and data-oriented methodologies you’ll help us develop blazingly fast, yet flexible control systems. As we work in cross-functional teams within the project, you will be interacting with people from many other disciplines and follow agile methodologies to drive your work forward.
We know you have fantastical powers and for us it is important you get to show your magic. To do this, we are creating strong autonomous teams with independent decision-making, and freedom to try out new things and show why it works. For us it is important that you get to shine by being creative: to take deliberate decisions, poke holes in things when required, to navigate through known pitfalls and care for your craft by honouring your commitments.
In this role, you’ll be joining the Animation System team and report to our Lead Animation Programmer. The team is small with one other animation programmer, but you will also work with other programmers and members from other teams such as animators and technical game designers. It will be important to understand their needs, to share best practices and provide mentorship as needed on how to author gameplay systems – in code and in data.
In this role you will...
- Work closely with other programmers to build functional systems following existing and new technical designs.
- Collaborate with animators and various designers to create robust, scalable gameplay systems.
- Create data-driven and data-oriented code systems that satisfy performance requirements whilst matching design briefs and the project’s code style.
- Analyse and correct bugs identified by yourself, your close peers, development testers or people from other crafts.
- Document your work to share knowledge on how to use the new systems and functionalities.
We would love if you...
- Have an interest in building systems that drive gameplay animations.
- Are self-motivated and have a creative mindset to problem solving in code.
- Have solid understanding of modern C/C++, including refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing.
- Are used to work on large data-driven systems.
- Have a genuine interest in game development and a big curiosity for the games industry.
- You are used to working in an international environment and to express yourself fluently in English.
Apply to make it yours
For more information about us, visit: https://careers.ubisoftstockholm.com/
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.