This job might no longer be available.
Senior Editorial Narrative Advisor (m/f)
Montreuil IDF fr
15 days ago
Description du poste
The Editorial department of Ubisoft is overseeing the development of all titles across Ubisoft’s global network of production studios. As part of the department’s Creative Services, the Editorial Narrative Team has the mission to support, evaluate and guarantee the narrative quality across all projects through script notes, script doctoring, workshops, writers rooms, and general feedback and recommendations.
You will join a small team of Narrative Advisors, and report to the Lead of Editorial Narrative. Working in close collaboration both with Editorial VPs and Line Producers at HQ, and Creative and Narrative Directors and scriptwriters in our global production studios, your role is to ensure that the narrative experience of our titles in development develops in line with Ubisoft’s editorial vision and quality expectations.
- Providing expert support and problem solving to production teams (via script notes, script doctoring, workshops, general feedback and recommendations) concerning the narrative experience of our games (premise, theme, tone, dramaturgy, characters, dialogue, worldbuilding, environmental storytelling, localization…)
- Providing expert analyses to Editorial Management concerning the narrative experience of our games
- Developing tools and processes to help the Editorial department test and assess the quality of a project’s narrative experience
- Developing tools to help production teams define and execute their intentions for the narrative experience
- Assuring the search, recruitment and onboarding of external experts and writers
- Producing benchmarks, reviews and analyses related to storytelling (internal and competitor games, movies, TV series, graphic novels, books…)
- Centralizing and promoting all information and resources regarding narrative, assuming the role of a dedicated point of contact for both Editorial and production teams
Our dream candidate
· Has an academic degree in either literature, drama, film studies, creative writing, philosophy, sociology, or psychology;
· Has minimum 5+ years of relevant experience in cinema, TV, or literary publishing (especially graphic novels, comics)
· Has had a prior significant experience as Story Editor, Script Editor, Script Supervisor, Writer Producer, Writing Director, Literary Editor etc
· Has professional fluency in English, and a good level of French;
· Has an extensive literary, film and TV culture
· Has a good understanding of video games and pop culture
· Has a deep understanding of storytelling techniques
· Has a sharp understanding of best practices in film, TV and literature and the ability to transfer them to an interactive medium
· Is open-minded with regards to points of view, themes and genres
· Possesses excellent communication skills
· Influences and has a positive leadership (ability to create consensus)
En tant qu’employeur, Ubisoft offre à tous les mêmes opportunités d’accès à l’emploi sans distinction de genre, ethnicité, religion, orientation sexuelle, statut social, handicap et d’âge. Ubisoft veille à développer un environnement de travail inclusif qui reflète la diversité de sa communauté de joueurs dans ses équipes.
Description de l'entreprise
Creator and publisher of blockbuster video games such as Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry® , Watch Dogs®, and The Division®. Ubisoft is a major player in the entertainment industry with consistent sales growth. An innovation-driven company with a human touch, Ubisoft’s vision encompasses 18 000 team members who are its primary asset and that are driven by the goal to create games that enrich the lives of their audiences with memorable and original storytelling experiences. They give life to rich and immersive worlds populated with compelling characters, where imagination can express itself completely and moments of surprise, fun and adventure allow players to discover others and themselves.
At Ubisoft, you have the opportunity to work and grow with passionate teams that are pioneers in their field, all around the world. You will evolve in a caring and inspiring environment in which you will push the limits of the imagination and technology to create story worlds that will fascinate our audiences.