Senior Economy Designer
6 days ago
Are you an experienced Economy Designer looking for a new opportunity where you can make a real impact?
We want you to #JOINTHEREBELLION!
For 30 years we’ve been creating incredible video games at our multiple studios, but Rebellion is more than just games. We have our own film and mo-cap studio, we create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.
We operate across multiple UK locations, with studios based in Oxford, Warwick, Liverpool, and Wakefield. Work-life balance is important to us, and we want everyone at Rebellion to work in the way that works best for them. So, if you are based in the UK, we are always open to discussing how we can support remote and/or Hybrid working options.
We are on the lookout for Economy Designer to join our Design Team, working on unannounced project!
The Rebellion Design team designs, creates, and maintains games from concept to release. They work closely with the other specialist teams to implement fun and immersive gameplay utilising the game mechanics.
You will become part of a cross-functional team, building a new game from concept through to launch.
- Drive the design and development of the economy and monetization related features for an upcoming game in line with creative direction and a player-first approach
- Design game features that monetize and re-engage players in a consumer-friendly way
- Make proposals for healthy and acceptable monetization in the game
- Work with production and other departments to define KPIs and help meet project goals
- Support the creation and recruitment of a monetization team
- Designing and using telemetry to make sure that the features you work on achieve the intended results
- Observe game KPIs and identify monetization opportunities alongside other departments such as BI, Sales and Marketing to make sure all business needs and goals are met
- Work together with the BI team to review the success of current systems and initiatives as well as suggest new solutions
- Stay up to date with the monetization strategies in the industry, understanding their strengths and weaknesses.
- Professional experience working with monetisation and game economy in a design role
- Professional experience on a F2P game, preferably PC or console
- Strong understanding of player psychology and motivation in relation to game economy design
- Experience with tools to assist with modelling and balancing quantitative design
- Expertise in translating analytical results into practical recommendations
- Experience working in cross-discipline teams with programmers, artists, animators, UI/UX, BI, management, and accounting
- Good knowledge and understanding of game design fundamentals
We offer an extensive benefits package to our team including:
- 26 days holiday + Bank holidays (increasing with service at 5 years – one day each year until you reach 31 days)
- Private Medical Insurance, healthcare cash plan, including dental and Vision
- Life Assurance, Income Protection & Critical Illness Cover
- Enhanced Family Leave
- Interest Free, Tax-Free loans
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- EAP a range of Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
- Plus loads more… including a wide range of discounts, freebies, and social events!
Whichever team you join at Rebellion we are proud of our open, friendly, and creative atmosphere. We love what we do, and we have fun doing it! As a big indie developer, we have complete creative freedom over our titles which allows us to work on a massive variety of projects across all the major platforms.
Find out more about us here
Our size, stability, and the variety of in-house expertise across multiple industries, makes Rebellion completely unique! We work in our own way, and we celebrate that as the key to our success. We foster an inclusive culture where you are encouraged to be yourself, to express your creativity and your talent. We are people focused and will support you in every way to can be the best at what you do. We recognise the importance of enjoying what you do and having a healthy work-life balance. We offer a friendly, creative, and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and a wide variety of benefits and development opportunities for all our teams to ensure you are fully supported with your physical and Mental Well-being.
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to add to our culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas, and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We encourage all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neurodiversity and beyond, because a representative team makes better products.
If you are interested in working at Rebellion, but this role doesn’t sound quite like you, we’re recruiting for a range of positions across the studio and we’re always happy to receive speculative applications via our website. Visit our Careers website to view all our live vacancies: Rebellion: Careers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.