Senior Dynamics Artist (Star Wars Team)
3 months ago
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We're looking for a highly-skilled Senior Dynamics Artist who will embrace our philosophy and share his/her hard earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players. Reporting to the VFX Lead, the Senior Dynamics Artist will be tasked with the creation, placement, and fine-tuning of complex interactive dynamic effects. We’re picturing someone who is passionate about world-building and experienced in creating high quality, in-game environment dynamics (destruction, particle effects, etc.)
What you'll do....
- Break up environment geometry and run Maya and/or Houdini dynamic simulations of their destruction.
- Preserve existing UV information and generate new UVs as needed after fragmenting the geometry.
- Placement and creation of particles for destructible objects and other effects.
- Ensure that dynamic effects run within established game-engine operating parameters, and scaling level of detail as needed to accomplish this.
- Work in other disciplines in down-time, such as prop modeling, texturing, or particles.
- Provide feedback to tools programmers and coordinate efforts with other dynamic artists to streamline methods and improve efficiency.
- Work closely with designers to fine-tune the timing of complex interactive dynamic effects.
- Create cloth motion simulations, and fine-tune them for aesthetic effect.
- Coordinate with background artists to seamlessly integrate dynamic effects into environments.
- Set up objects for real-time destructibility using Havok Physics and Destruction.
Ideally, you will have....
- 5+ years’ experience in games as a 3D Artist or Visual Effects/Dynamic Artist.
- Extensive experience working with Maya dynamics, including cloth.
- Proficiency with Maya modeling and UV tools.
- Particle experience in Maya or equivalent software.
- Experience with Houdini, Havok, and Mel/Python scripting.
- Experience working within a game engine and implementing 3D and dynamic effects work into engine.
- Must be willing to take a dynamics test, and provide samples or a demo reel showing applicable experience.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Shipped AAA game/s preferred.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! You can read more about these at respawn.com/perks.