Senior Dungeon Designer - Diablo IV
Irvine California 92618 United States of America
14 days ago
Job Title:Senior Dungeon Designer - Diablo IV
The Minions of Hell grow stronger! Our horde of diabolically talented developers is expanding. While our backgrounds are varied, we all share a passion for the dark, gothic, and macabre. If you value a tight-knit team that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach, then join us on the Diablo IV team!
We are looking for a talented content designer with experience building interesting levels and crafting fun gameplay content for Diablo IV! The ideal candidate must be able to collaborate within Design, Art, and Engineering groups to create dungeons with fun and varied gameplay content.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Craft procedurally generated dungeons with our Visual Scripting tools
- Design and implement fun Scripted Content (such as Events and Objectives)
- Help other Disciplines in integrating their work into dungeons
- Implement and maintain our procedural content systems
- Build 3D Layouts for Dungeon TileSets using greyblock assets
- Support and mentor Junior Designers on our team
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in game design, including senior design experience on a shipped product
- Deep understanding of level design theories and practices
- Experience working with visual and text-based scripting languages to author game content
- Knowledge of Blizzard worlds and gameplay—specifically, the gothic fantasy of Diablo
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in a highly collaborative and iterative team environment
- Experience with Visual Scripting tools (such as Blueprint, Godot or Stencyl)
- Making content in any genre that uses an isometric camera
- Creating cooperative gameplay content using procedural generation
- Authoring game content using the Lua scripting language
- Experience in Pipeline development and Process improvement
- Previous Design experience for Online / Multiplayer games
- Passion for Blizzard games, especially the Diablo series
Required Application Materials
- Resume, including:
- Screenshots, footage, mockups, or any other information regarding scripted content or level layouts
- Direct Links or a Portfolio site are both acceptable
- Cover Letter, including
- What games you are currently playing
- Your experience with PC and console role-playing games
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.