This job might no longer be available.
Senior Dungeon Designer - Diablo IV | Albany, NY or Irvine, CA
24 days ago
Job Title:Senior Dungeon Designer - Diablo IV | Albany, NY or Irvine, CA
The Minions of Hell grow stronger! Our horde of diabolically passionate developers is growing. While our backgrounds are varied, we all share a passion for the dark, gothic, and macabre. If you value a tight-knit team that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach, then join us on the Diablo team!
We are looking for a content designer with experience building exciting levels and crafting fun gameplay content for Diablo IV! The ideal candidate must be able to collaborate within Design, Art, and Engineering groups to build dungeons with fun and varied gameplay content.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Albany, NY or Irvine, CA.
- Craft procedurally generated dungeons with our Visual Scripting tools
- Design and implement fun Scripted Content (such as Events and Objectives)
- Help other Disciplines in integrating their work into dungeons
- Implement and maintain our procedural content systems
- Build 3D Layouts for Dungeon TileSets using greyblock assets
- Support and mentor Junior Designers on our team
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in game design, including senior design experience on a shipped product
- Deep understanding of level design theories and practices
- Experience working with visual and text-based scripting languages to author game content
- Knowledge of Blizzard worlds and gameplay—specifically, the gothic fantasy of Diablo
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain a positive demeanor in a highly collaborative and iterative team environment
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
- Experience with Visual Scripting tools (such as Blueprint, Godot or Stencyl)
- Making content in any genre that uses an isometric camera
- Creating cooperative gameplay content using procedural generation
- Authoring game content using the Lua scripting language
- Experience in Pipeline development and Process improvement
- Previous Design experience for Online / Multiplayer games
- Passion for Blizzard games, especially the Diablo series
Required Application Materials
- Screenshots, footage, mockups or any other information regarding scripted content or level layouts
- Direct Links or a Portfolio site are both acceptable
Cover Letter, including
- What games you are currently playing
- Your experience with PC and console role-playing games
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com . General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. Best known for iconic video game universes including Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, and StarCraft, we’ve been creating genre-defining games for millions of players around the world for more than 30 years. We’re on a quest: bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Hard work, iteration and polish go into the Blizzard “secret recipe,” but the most important ingredients come from talented people who share our vision. If that sounds like you, join us.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 - $149,400.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.