Senior Documentation Designer
2 days ago
We are looking for a skilled Product Documentation Designer with a focus on crafting web products to join our UI Foundations team. Unity is seeking a product designer who can form a close working relationship with product management and development teams to produce a highly usable site for documentation at Unity. You will have a strong interest in web design for documentation and for helping users apply them in development. This is a chance to join a growing team and design across our ecosystem of products.
You will chip in to a shared design system, while facilitating communication and collaboration between several project partners. Your goal will be to deliver a consistent web documentation experience across multiple product areas. You will take ownership of the user experience at all stages of development.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Crafting a consistent user experience for documentation across multiple product areas
- Construct user experiences with an emphasis on clarity as well as strong understandings of use-cases and user flows
- Build wireframes, high fidelity mockups, and frontend prototypes to iterate with the team on UI creation workflows.
- Implement styling for a CMS in CSS and HTML
- Communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team and present ideas and designs effectively
- Working collaboratively with the development team to bring your designs to life
What We’re Looking For
- A portfolio which demonstrates outstanding work relevant to the above included in your application
- Knowledge of Figma, Adobe Creative suite
- Experience crafting outstanding web-based products for a documentation-oriented website, including exposure to CMS systems
- Excellent collaboration skills and a strong ability for verbal and visual communication
- Experience with frontend development practices, including a proven knowledge of CSS and HTML
You Might Also Have
- Experience with web accessibility standards (WCAG), inclusive design practices, and accessibility features
- Experience with real-time game engines
- Familiarity with Unity products and services
- Knowledge of 3D and/or sophisticated media systems
- Experience working with remote and global teams
- Using data and user research to back up your work
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for crafting and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their creativities come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to build, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion outstanding devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to encouraging an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.