Senior Director, User Research
7 days ago
WHO WE ARE
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, 31st Union, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, 2K PGA, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Quarry, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We encourage ALL applicants to explore our global positions, even if they don’t meet every requirement for the role. If you're interested in the job and think you have what it takes to work at 2K, we encourage you to apply!
WHAT WE NEED
Welcome to one of the secret ingredients in what makes 2K's games outstanding. You will lead and grow a best-in-class User Research team and build its methodologies, facilities and practices to help deliver the next generation of titles in our portfolio.
As a leader in this role you will partner with Publishing Senior and Executive Leadership as well as collaborators at our studio partners to define strategic approaches to qualitative feedback.
You excel in an upbeat environment, driving the research strategy for multiple projects, keeping an eye on the big picture, but are detail oriented enough to spot the small things that make all the difference. Ultimately, you are the singular force that ensures our titles are tested and reported on to the highest possible quality.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Own the vision for the future of how 2K conducts User Research, bringing new insights, strategies, and processes to the business
- Lead all aspects of a world-wide team of Researchers and Managers across all levels of experience
- Build a thoughtful approach to delivering developer and publisher focused testing strategies
- Supervise both in-house and externally hosted tests, maintaining positive relationships with key vendor partners
- Support your team in the planning, testing, and reporting of high quality insights for both Developers and 2K Publishing
- Develop a detailed understanding of 2K's slate, Development Studios, and our overall ambitions to deliver player-focused products
- Continuously improve methodologies for successful User Testing
- Champion User Research - your team and their work - and the value it brings to our titles
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU A GREAT FIT
- Shown experience with a UR, UX, user-centered design, or human factors research background - preferably within the video game industry
- Minimum of 4 years leading people, preferably Researchers, with a human-centered Leadership approach
- Strong presentation skills (verbal and written), time and project management skills
- Ability to lead and communicate across multiple fields of business
- Experience managing, mitigating, and resolving risks
- Highly organized and self-directed, and capable of instilling that characteristic in others
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $195,000 and $290,000 per Year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.