Senior Director, U.S. Public Policy
24 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Director, U.S. Public Policy
The position is based in Washington, D.C.
As Senior Director, U.S. Public Policy, you will lead public policy activity at the federal and state level, developing and implementing legislative and regulatory advocacy strategies on a broad range of issues in support of the Sony Interactive Entertainment/PlayStation (SIE) business in the U.S.
Reporting to the Vice President, Global Public Policy, who is based in Washington DC, you will be a critical member of SIE’s global Legal and Public Policy team. You will work collaboratively and transparently within SIE and alongside Sony Group companies as well as business leaders to ensure alignment between business priorities and public policy goals. You will monitor legislative and regulatory trends across the U.S., at the federal and state level, and develop our strategies on a broad range of policy issues impacting the video game industry and provide timely and relevant results.
· Design and implement advocacy strategies for achieving policy goals with relevant legislative, administrative, regulatory, and other governmental entities.
· Provide strategic direction to guide the development and positioning of policy positions and advocacy priorities.
· Identify, supervise, and monitor regulatory and legislative initiatives to support SIE’s business interests.
· Advise SIE management and stakeholders about pending regulatory and legislative developments to assist in product development strategies and business priorities.
· Collaborate with SIE’s ESG teams in the formulation of company relevant key metrics and priorities.
· 15+ years of demonstrable leadership experience encompassing government affairs and public policy in technology and / or media.
· Comfortable working with governmental officials and understand the policy and decision-making processes used by legislative and regulatory bodies and non-governmental organizations in the U.S. at the federal and state level.
· Ability to draft and interpret legislative language.
· You can partner with industry trade associations in different geographies and successfully advocate for company member interests within those associations.
· You pride yourself on your interpersonal and diplomatic skills, emotional intelligence, and judgement, with an ability to influence and persuade others.
· Proven record in the development and oversight of broad range of government affairs programs, including issue management, campaign execution, coalition-building, political action and critical communications.
· Ability to navigate matrixed corporate settings to bring teams together to tackle challenges and address opportunities.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$241,000 — $361,600 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.