This job might no longer be available.
Senior Director, Product Management - Publishing Initiatives
7 days ago
The Senior Director, Product Management for Publishing Initiatives, will work across Games, Entertainment and beyond, leading critical cross-Riot publishing programs and initiatives that bring the Riot experience to life across our portfolio of products. By deeply understanding all of our products and our strategy as a company, this person will drive holistic ecosystem strategy to build new experiences, products, or programs that ensure we have a holistic ecosystem and deliberate cross-Riot experience.
- Identify opportunities for new programs and initiatives that connect our existing products, audiences, platforms and ecosystems; drive alignment to new opportunities
- Lead virtual, cross-organizational teams toward identified Riot ecosystem opportunities
- Lead identified Publishing strategic initiatives and priority programs across Riot’s ecosystem and across multiple internal teams (e.g. GamePass program, platform content strategies, player rewards and recognition programs, cross-Riot products and experiences)
- Drive holistic value chain analysis, working across product, brand, and other teams to ensure we understand how we’re meeting or exceeding player expectations across every touchpoint of the Riot player experience and the Riot brand
- Own and lead high priority cross-Riot programs across products and publishing (e.g. large-scale product launches, ecosystem products, partnership collaborations, integrated cross-product moments)
- Drive cross-Riot planning conversations across audiences and products to ensure a cohesive and deliberate Riot ecosystem strategy
- Define player journeys and requirements for publishing and platform work to ensure cohesive player journeys across our ecosystem
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Psychology, Communications, or Design or related field;
- 12+ years of relevant experience in product, community, or brand management (an advanced degree can account for up to 2 years of experience)
- 7+ years of experience in a Product Management role on a game team, publishing team, or similar experience
- Meaningful familiarity with several of the following crafts: analytics, data science, research, revenue strategy / monetization design, and player growth
- 7+ years experience managing high performing individuals and teams
- 3+ years experience working directly in game development
- Experience owning strategy development for a product or business in a leadership capacity and operationalizing that strategy via ownership or advisory
- Experience building and leading cross-functional teams
- Ability to operationalize strategy across multiple teams and programs
- Audience understanding
- Highly quantitatively literate with strong ability to analyze, interpret, and synthesize data to inform decision making
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to engage in healthy constructive debate
- Capable of building strong collaborative relationships with peers across Riot, and of influencing senior stakeholders
- Experience and expertise in several of the previously mentioned crafts
- Experience working on a high profile game with global reach through development, launch, and live operations
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.