Senior Director - Internal Communications
2 months ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
The Senior Director, Internal Communications will lead the development and execution of Twitch's internal communications strategy. You will report to the Head of Communications and partner with senior leadership, as well as the HR, employee experience and communications teams to foster belonging and help keep employees around the globe informed and engaged.
You'll oversee our weekly All Hands and lead the development of new channels to help inform and drive strategic alignment across the company. You will work with the executive team and provide strategic counsel on corporate strategy, company-wide news and announcements, and crisis/change management. You'll partner with the People team to help shape our inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging strategy and programs.
You are people-oriented and culturally attuned, with a passion for Twitch and our people. You are comfortable with structured work and ambiguity, high-level strategizing and detail-oriented execution. You can lead with influence and are comfortable working with founders and senior executives.
- Oversee and develop a comprehensive approach to internal communications, setting the strategic direction in close collaboration with the executive team
- Develop new ways of communicating with and engaging employees across a range of formats
- Develop and implement communication programs to help bring our mission , vision and strategy to life for employees
- Identify opportunities to help employees understand Twitch's goals, and how their work ladders up
- Partner with our People team and company leadership on news and announcements, including crisis and change management.
- Provide strategic counsel to senior executives
- Operate at both strategic and execution levels
- 8+ years experience guiding strategy and execution in a communications role
- Experience with people management
- Experience implementing internal communications programs
- Strong collaboration and project management skills
- Experience counseling C-level executives
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships , off-site massages , etc. )
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.