Senior Director Engineering, Creator Content
10 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As Senior Director of Engineering for Creator Content, reporting to the VP of Engineering of our Creator organization, you will work closely with executive leadership, product, policy, and operations teams across Roblox. Your charter will be to build our Creator Content organization that is the central system for all content created in Roblox, and provides content interoperability across our ecosystem, safe, reliable and smart delivery to our customers, content understanding, and AI-assisted content generation for users and creators on the platform.
You are passionate about data and how to make the complex simple in regards to UGC/IP content in all forms; video, audio, music, art, image, code, and more.
- Lead the development of our content management systems, incorporating UGC and IP content for all media sources. Your teams will use AI/ML to model and create predictive algorithms to understand, define and label content.
- Iterate existing and prototype new algorithms and work with engineering to integrate into our code base, content marketplace, and search and discovery systems.
- Work with company executives to identify specific and actionable opportunities to solve existing business problems through content understanding, and in collaboration with engineering, product and business teams.
- Enable our Safety and Economy teams to build safety and content deduplication systems.
- Work with our Studio team and creators to support AI-assisted and more traditional content generation services.
- Influence how Roblox works with its players and its platform developers to accelerate creator velocity
- Hire and lead a stunning team of ML and full stack engineers.
- You have experience with the complexities of UGC content, and understand the value of both in-depth, qualitative, and web-scale, quantitative data working together to build a deep understanding of different forms of content.
- A leader that has experience and demonstrated success in leading and building high-caliber teams with diverse technical strengths and more importantly are experienced in developing leaders and fostering an inclusive team culture.
- Strong knowledge of machine learning algorithms (supervised and unsupervised learning)/models, techniques to predict, natural language processing and computational social science.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as math, statistics, and computer science, or equivalent years of experience
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
$423,260 — $490,400 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.