Senior Director, Call of Duty Finance
10 days ago
Job Title:Senior Director, Call of Duty Finance
Working with the VP of Finance & Activision Executive Leadership team (ELT) you will formulate & lead the strategies for the Franchise and analyse & present findings in a meaningful way to stakeholders. This includes supporting operations management to achieve company goals and completion of strategic initiatives. Additionally, it will coordinate with centralized finance functions on accounting, FP&A, investor relations, corporate strategy, tax, treasury, internal audit, and compliance.
- Partner closely with the VP of Finance, Franchise GM, and their leadership team to drive sustainable growth and profitability, taking ownership for the financial performance of Call of Duty.
- Establish appropriate metrics to measure and motivate business performance with a focus on continuous improvement. Lead and drive the performance of the company by bringing a top-tier analytical skill and financial perspective to all critical decisions. Challenge the status quo and actively participate in helping drive the business to evolve its thinking and actions as it continues to evolve and mature.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure the development of financial plans, management information, systems, processes, insight, interpretation and controls to align with the strategic business plan, company growth, and market opportunities and direction. Thoughtfully enable strategic investments to be made to fuel profitable growth.
- Play a critical role in maintaining and further developing the company’s reputation, key relationships and enabling profitable growth. Lead and inspire change in the organization by analyzing, articulating and driving improvements we need to make to our business plans, our processes, investment options, and our financial results.
- Lead the annual operating plan / budgeting process, regular monthly and quarterly forecasts, and accounting practices, processes, and technologies. Work closely with headquarters to ensure proper financial controls, reporting, processes, and visibility.
- Champion Activision values from within as a key financial steward.
- Build a strong, effective team. Partner with VP & COD finance leaders to drive career development, culture, and key DE&I metrics; continue to develop the best finance organization in gaming
The successful candidate will be an experienced leader, driving thoughtful and innovative approaches. They have the proven ability to partner with C-suite and other senior leaders to deliver on committed business targets and to positively influence the operating results at current and previous companies. They are highly entrepreneurial and comfortable in providing strategic direction as well as the ability to roll-up their sleeves and execute.
The key qualifications for the role include:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or relevant field of study.
- Experienced financial and strategic leader with at least 10-15 years of progressive leadership positions in a diverse set of business roles within finance and other functions (strategy, M&A, etc.); must have experience within gaming, internet, or technology sector
- Revenue management – in depth of understanding of B2C business, KPIs, and how to impact KPIs
- Cost management – in depth understanding of headcount and marketing planning processes & controls
- Operationally oriented, deeply “hands-on” and a true business partner and collaborator. Proven success at providing data-driven insights to help the business make the right decisions. Experience in evolving financial tools and technologies to meet the ongoing flexible needs of a fast-moving and evolving industry.
- Proven results of making strong data-driven business decisions that maximize return on investment, allocating resources or capital, evaluating M&A opportunities, evaluating market entry and timing opportunities, evaluating the market potential of creative products. Strong examples of successful financial and business strategies and initiatives personally implemented or through teams, demonstrating revenue growth, cost control, margin expansion, investment management etc.
- Ability to view the business from a broader perspective, integrating finance and business issues to develop insight and solutions that add value to a senior management team beyond finance. Understanding key operational business drivers with experience designing cross-functional systems in partnership with other department heads to support company growth objectives. Hands on experience scrutinizing operations and implementing internal controls.
- The experience and maturity to lead organizations through growth. Communicating a passion for the role and for the business by operating at a high level of intensity and acting with a sense of urgency without sacrificing excellence.
- Proven ability to identify and prioritize necessary improvements in financial organizations, personnel, processes and systems, developing achievable plans and successfully executing on those plans including effectively managing cost and resource prioritization within a matrixed, shared-resource organization.
- Exceptional collaborator and communicator who has a proven success rate in influencing creative and operational leadership. Successfully able to influence without authority and involve all necessary levels of leadership in making the appropriate decisions. Hands-on, entrepreneurial style, as well as a strong bias for action and results: the ability to work effectively in a highly innovative, unstructured environment; collaborative and without ego.
- Deep experience of commercial finance including deal negotiations, partner management and relevant digital business models.
- Personally sets a standard for his or her team and the organization focused on integrity, results, work ethic, transparency, and teamwork.
- Deep appreciation and familiarity with technology and creative processes.