Senior Director, Brand Management
10 days ago
Are you our senior brand management leader?
The newly formed brand team for Electronic Arts is only a few months into building our brand, so all of this is very new. That means we're still making it up as we go along. If you like to set a vision and get stuck in, then this might be your gig. Because we're still relatively new, right now we all muck in on everything and it can be a little messy. But that's because you've caught us at the best time - the very beginning - how exciting is that? The opportunity to bring an amazing brand back to life doesn't come around too often… so that's why we're here and hopefully why you're still reading this job description …
The Senior Director, Brand Management will report directly to the Brand VP of EA. You will promote and determine Electronic Arts hero brand products, services and experiences. You might think - hang on, what is an EA brand product? And that's exactly what you'll help us to establish…
Some things we do know you'll drive:
Products that can scale across all our franchises to improve things like disruptive player behavior or bring people together to connect through play… or, or, or…
Experiences that bring our new EA Brand Strategy to life.
New actions that cement our position on social justice.
You'll also bring new thoughtful things into the world from EA - services, experiences and other things that don't fit into tidy categories. This will mean bringing together teams across different departments in around a common brand goal.
This is a leadership role where the job is to truly grow the vision of what your team is here to do. So of course, you'll oversee a small-and-growing group of people, and you'll be personally empowered to grow the scope and influence of that team as you go. Like all everyone in this team today, you'll be energized by the challenge of carving a path where none existed before… chisels at the ready!
- Sets the agenda for hero brand management at EA - identifies and chases down the opportunities for brand to guide internal cultural change and external growth for the business
- Originates new EA services and experiences to increase brand growth
- Originates new brand programs internally to embed our brand in our culture
- Unifies the direction of existing EA services and experiences with horizontal strategies that bring them together
- Unifies existing efforts, programs and strategies across EA in service of focused goals tied to brand growth
- Pilots new horizontal approaches with product development teams - including but not limited to the Positive Play team
- Partners with the Brand Strategy Director to identify where and how to apply the overarching brand strategy to the business
- Manages brand management team - scaling it as we scale its impact in the business - responsible for increasing brand management scope at EA
- Manages brand management budget, sets the strategy for how we use it manages it and oversees how we measure its success
- Oversees the process to provide brand trainings and processes from brand strategy to identity to tone of voice
- Identifies the need to bring in external partners and manages engagement to get to results
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of brand management experience including some at a portfolio brand with a complex architecture - e.g. Netflix, Disney, Activision, Unilever
- Examples of transforming a brand/ marketing approach/ something else in your career history
- Experience as a brand leader of a product, service and experience unit in a brand-centric organization.
- Experience driving innovation / creating and launching new services and experiences
- Experience overseeing teams who don't report into the same BU to implement strategies
- Experience rolling out a re-brand/ brand strategies, trainings, toolkits to a complex organization
- Experience winning organizations over to new approaches
- Experience being accountable to executive leadership
- Passion for driving cultural change
- Great collaborator who thrives working with others
- Cool with handling differences of opinion, with your own strong opinions lightly held
- Outcome and output oriented - dare we say 'relentless'?
- You care deeply about building diverse teams and are anti-racist in your approach to all that you do
- Willing to get hands dirty
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.