Senior Director, Application Security
2 months ago
Job Title:Senior Director, Application Security
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As a Senior Director in the application security space, you will be the face of security for our studios. This person will learn the needs of the studios’ development teams, introduce solutions that enable our developers to enhance the security of their development practices, and ultimately be seen as a trusted security advisor.
This person will lead a team of developer-oriented security professionals to identify and combat threats to game security and integrity. The role requires an insightful, agile, and pragmatic approach to a fast-changing landscape. This person must understand when to be tactically impatient and strategically patient by intimately understanding the needs of the studios and the risk tolerance of Activision Blizzard King. At times this will require the leader to be hands-on and dive deep. Specifically, this means that the leader can read code, identify weaknesses in that code, and how to mitigate those issues. Additionally, this leader will be required to build a team, mentor existing team members, and be obsessed with creating a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Build a developer-oriented application security team that is focused on defending customer trust and unleashing the creative genius in our studios.
- Develop or enhance solutions which detect potential weaknesses early in the development lifecycle and have those addressed before they can negatively impact customers.
- Provide a wide range of trainings to development teams that are fun, impactful, and measurably improved the quality of our code.
- Build solutions that integrate in to new and existing pipelines that enable developers to be secure by default.
- Dive deep on weaknesses that are identified during offensive security engagements and develop corrective actions to avoid those weaknesses from re-occurring.
- Establish a mechanism where studios can evaluate and measure Information Security’s effectiveness at meeting studio needs.
- Must have 5+ years managing software development or application security engineers
- Extensive knowledge of Intel-family processor architecture, mobile processors (such as ARM64) a plus.
- C/C++/C# development, including some understanding of assembly code.
- Reverse engineering, advanced debugging, ability to identify code vulnerabilities and exploits.
- Must have a working knowledge of DevSecOps and how to address the security needs in an ever-evolving environment.
- Be able to effectively interact with and work directly with game engineering teams, CTOs, and senior leaders within studios.
- Knowledge of security testing methodologies which leverage machine learning to quickly identify deficiencies.
- History of working as part of a broader live operations or game security effort.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.