Senior Director, Analytics Europe
Stockholm Stockholm County Sweden
7 days ago
We are DICE
DICE games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a DICE experience than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they are in the hands of players around the world.
The Studios Data & Insights team within EA is looking for a Senior Director to cultivate a remarkable Analytics function at one of EA’s biggest studios, with an opportunity to influence important decisions on the Battlefield franchise, one of the biggest and longest lived first-person shooters in video gaming. You will report into the VP, Studios Data and Insights and be based in the DICE office in Stockholm, Sweden. You will partner with senior studio and marketing leadership at DICE to bring the insights necessary to create the best player experiences. You will solve complex problems and set the vision, strategy, and action plan for analytics. You have a strong analytics background, preferably in the area of gaming, entertainment, or consumer products where consumer acquisition, engagement, and monetization are main considerations.
- Foster and grow a data informed learning culture on your team and throughout EA
- Provide strategic insights to capture optimization opportunities and uncover untapped opportunities to grow the business
- Set the strategy for analytics and then mobilize the team and resources to build your vision
- Oversee daily management of analyst deliverables, including capacity planning and analysis best practices such as peer reviews, problem solving methodology, archiving, and model selection and validation techniques
- Partner with leadership to establish and prioritize highest value work for the business
- Mentor our leaders on the analytics team
- Exercise judgment of appropriate methodology use for simple and complex problems
- Bachelor's degree. Master's/PhD preferred in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in quantitative analysis, preferably for a gaming, entertainment or consumer products company
- 8+ years’ experience managing other team members in a formal or informal capacity
- Experience in understanding our problems and constraints, translating into analysis approach and insights, and then following through on recommendations/ outcomes
- Experience leading and coaching analytical presentations to large groups and senior management
- Excellent delivery management skills to build analysis delivery plans with clearly defined timelines, ownership, and risks
- Extensive knowledge of quantitative techniques and tools including the following regressions, survival analysis, classification, forecasting, and clustering
- Familiarity with statistical software and big data environments
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great benefits package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees with occupational pension.
We value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.