Senior Digital Content Designer (Dungeons & Dragons)
18 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre-defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We’re looking for an innovative Senior Digital Content Designer to support Dungeons & Dragons. You’ll impart proven practices in digital content design and build player-first, easy-to-use digital D&D products, delivering content that puts players at the center, increases the joy of play, and expands the creative space for players.
This role will be a trusted voice on the Imaginative Play team (the studio that makes the D&D game).
On the D&D team, we eat, sleep and breathe games. We play. We think and talk constantly about what makes players happy and what does the opposite.
The ideal candidate has practical knowledge of how to optimize digital user experiences as well as proven games industry expertise in digital product leadership and digital product development.
What You’ll Do:
- At D&D, we all deliver. This is a hands-on position. Draw player flows, create prototypes, and contribute to digital products.
- Serve the players. Get them what they want and need in a smooth, intuitive, efficient, fun way. Bring joy and wonder to the table.
- Work with top experts in game design, art, and storytelling to create intuitive, powerful, effective, fun ways to give players and DMs what they need for a great time at the table.
- Innovate with respect. Help bring a 50-year-old brand into its next 50 years of life, working with others to make the content platforms and tools of today’s and tomorrow’s audiences effective, easy, and fun.
- Deliver exciting, easy-to-use digital content that serves the needs of D&D players and improves their play experiences, in part by understanding the capabilities, opportunities, expectations, and value of D&D Beyond to D&D players.
- Work across multiple functional groups to ensure digital products are clearly defined, properly vetted, and well-executed.
- Become a D&D expert while sharing digital information design expertise with other members of the team.
- Identify and act upon opportunities for innovation in user experience, information design, and player happiness.
- Pitch, prototype, design, and evangelize innovative approaches to how D&D is accessed and played digitally.
- Mentor others on digital user experience design, sharing knowledge and communicating the “why” behind practical principles.
- Design and leverage user research to validate digital products and features.
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years experience in UX design, Information architecture, human-computer interface design, or similar.
- A track record of consumer-facing products where UX design was central to their success.
- Strong time management skills with a validated ability to prioritize, solve problems, and meet commitments.
- Ability to communicate effectively across teams and with individual contributors as well as executives.
- Demonstrated skill at working in a fast-paced multi-team studio environment, as well as the desire to work in that environment. Be ready to act regardless of ambiguity.
- Excellent documentation skills. The work must speak for itself when you're not in the room.
- A collaborative, positive, energetic spirit. Come help us make fun stuff!
Nice to Have:
- A solid understanding of and passion for D&D is a huge asset.
- Experience in the game industry is a great way to demonstrate the passions and skills needed.
- Practiced skill with prototyping tools (such as Figma) is a big plus.
- Technical understanding of the structure and operation of web content will be very useful.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.
$117,440 — $197,160 USD