Senior Digital Asset Archivist
7 days ago
Team Name:Story & Franchise Development Operations
Job Title:Senior Digital Asset Archivist
Senior Digital Asset Archivist
Blizzard is seeking a seasoned, passionate digital asset archivist to join the archival team. The Senior Digital Asset Archivist will be responsible for gathering, organizing, cataloging, and preserving digital assets from Blizzard Entertainment's rich history, including art, game assets, photographs, and more. The Senior Digital Asset Archivist will be responsible for fulfilling requests for access to assets, archival advocacy and outreach, building partnerships with asset stakeholders across Blizzard and ABK, and overseeing the overall setup and maintenance of Blizzard’s Archival Digital Asset Management (DAM) system.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work with individual development and creative content teams to ingest, curate, and catalog assets in Blizzard’s archival DAM system
- Enforce appropriate taxonomies and metadata schemas to assets ingested into the system
- Ensure proper IP and asset detail setup, checking that priority assets are available and updated as necessary to support other teams
- Migrate and maintain the data and its integrity from production asset management systems to the archival DAM
- Appropriately curate the types of assets being archived, adapting the scope of what’s archived as the business requires
- Work closely with development team leaders to ensure successful location, retrieval, and upload of assets
- Exercise judgement in reviewing, discussing, and sharing assets that could be sensitive
- Acquire appropriate approvals for asset sharing, following guidelines and preserving chain of approval, involving IP stakeholders, Legal or PR as needed
- Manage DAM access permissions, asset accessibility and usage approvals
- Facilitate and fulfill asset requests for creative teams, like Publishing, Consumer Products, and others
- Respond to metadata requests and questions as they are reported, ensuring that tagging work is not blocked
- Properly communicate the team’s processes with stakeholder teams, as necessary
- Train users on the DAM and content usage processes, and ensure other archivists are properly trained in and meeting standards for the clean and consistent setup metadata
- Help troubleshoot system issues as needed
- Clearly communicate status of asset ingestion with stakeholders, including goals, challenges, progress, and changes
- Assisting the broader archival team and Blizzard with large-scale events
- Maintain confidentiality and ensure proper handling of sensitive assets
Desired Skills & Expertise
- Strong understanding of industry-standard methodologies in cataloging, metadata, records management, and collections management
- Proven ability to multi-task, work independently, and manage time effectively
- A methodically consistent approach to repetitive tasks; Values accuracy and acute attention to detail
- Experience with DAM setup and implementation
- Experienced creating and documenting new process, standards, and workflows
- Skilled at developing relationships, building trust, and partnering with external teams
- Highly collaborative and flexible nature, and a willingness to help others
- Plus: Familiarity with Extensis Portfolio
- Plus: Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite: Premiere, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and a willingness to learn new software tools required to view various unique asset types.
- Plus: Web development skills and a working understanding of data storage methodologies
- 5+ years experience working with digital assets as an archivist or librarian
- ALA-accredited Master’s degree in Library & Information Science, Archives & Records Administration, or equivalent
- Proven experience with taxonomy creation, metadata and cataloging, converting, migrating, and bulk uploading of digital assets, implementation and maintenance of assets in DAM systems
- Experience working in the video game or entertainment industry
- Plus: Experience managing and developing other archivists
- Plus: Strong familiarity with Blizzard lore and IP
Job Status: Regular, Full Time. Not Remote.
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything, and our core values are real.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Come help us bring the world together through epic entertainment!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.