Senior Development Manager – World
16 days ago
WE ARE GAMEMAKERS
Who we are:
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What we need:
We’re looking to add a thoughtful and strategic Senior Development Manager to facilitate communication and support our World team in achieving a high level of excellence and player engagement on our high-priority AAA project. You will work with a team of talented Designers, Artists, Producers and cross-discipline Leads to balance scope with capacity, track progress, implement and improve processes, mentor people, and mitigate risks while upholding and maintaining a quality bar.
- Collaborate with a distributed team of Designers, Artists, Producers and dev partners to drive the roadmap and priorities for your team, and work with dependencies across global studio locations
- Organize the direction, priority, and strategy for complex projects/teams while ensuring alignment with internal and external leadership
- Be deeply involved in features development and resource planning
- Build healthy, collaborative relationships with external teams or vendors while fostering an inclusive environment.
- Facilitate alignment through effective communication, problem-solving, risk identification and mitigation strategies.
- Maintain understanding of game release schedules and forecast project milestones
- Manage and develop Design team with thoughtful feedback, mentorship and career pathing.
Who you are:
- Proficient project management fundamentals including capacity planning, scope assessment and management, and project milestone planning.
- Solid grasp of project management software (e.g. JIRA, Microsoft Project, Confluence, Hansoft, etc.).
- Proven experience managing projects for both short and long iterations; being able to scope varied sizes and length of a project.
- Possess excellent people leadership skills and consistent record of effective management of senior resources
- Leverage experience building cohesive teams; identify resourcing needs, providing developmental opportunities and ensuring that all employees reach their potential.
- You have an abiding love of video games, playing them, talking about them, creating them!
Please note that 31 st Union and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. All correspondence will come from an official 31 st Union or 2K domain account.
Join our mission: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community: