This job might no longer be available.
Senior Development Manager - Wild Rift, Console
Los Angeles, California, United States
6 months ago
The Production discipline at Riot helps teams understand the vision of the product, and how we’re going to get there. We assist in building and delivering experiences beyond our audience's expectations. We’re involved in almost every product you can think of, be it an epic new skin, the Mechs vs. Minions board game, or the internal tools needed by engineers or artists to speed up their craft. Whatever the calling, we identify and provide the solution that our audience needs.
Senior Development Managers are delivery leaders at Riot. We lead teams to provide player value through agile work systems and practices. While driving internal alignment and accountability for teams and development organizations, we focus on continual improvement. Senior Development Managers offer strong leadership and mentorship to level-up their craft Riot-wide.
As a Senior Development Manager for League of Legends: Wild Rift's Console team, you'll report to the Development Director on Wild Rift . As a Senior Development Manager (or Producer) you’ll lead the delivery of the Wild Rift game to target console platforms for our players. You’ll inspire teams to collaborate globally, and help guide priority calls to guarantee we’re focused on the work that brings the most player value. You’ll track work, build work systems, and make sure that we fulfill on our commitments to players. You’ll make sure we’re hitting the dates we’ve committed to, uncovering risks, and removing blockers that keep us from achieving player value.
- Lead delivery for the development life cycle of League of Legends: Wild Rift on console
- Partner with the Product Lead to guide roadmap execution
- Provide transparency to product leadership around development and staffing (skill gaps, performance, and needs), using scope control and resourcing to deliver features (both technical/non-player facing and technical) not just work systems
- Build and maintain healthy teams, structure, and process where necessary, striving for continuous improvement
- Build accountability through agreements and follow-up (e.g., sprints, milestones, roles and responsibilities)
- Mentor more junior producers on product delivery craft
- Facilitate team-wide meetings to share knowledge and review results
- 5+ years experience working on developing and launching console games
- Toolkit of development methodology, but flexible enough to be able to adapt to new situations
- Understand Agile/Lean principles and practices
- Strong negotiation skills, with a mix of patience and goal orientation to navigate complex cultural, technological, and product requirements
- Experience delivering complex projects involving multiple teams and external vendors
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
- Familiarity working with distributed, remote teams with varied work styles and cultures
- Experience working on live games
- Experience coaching junior producers, development managers, or product managers
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).