Senior Development Director
15 days ago
SENIOR DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles and Vancouver-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Development Director who is passionate about both process and gaming, to provide daily production leadership to the project and its teams. You will manage project and resource planning, balance scope with capacity, track progress, implement and improve processes, mentor people, and manage risks and mitigation. You are a master of content pipelines and feature development. You understand the iterative nature of creative processes and how to empower them. You know how to build healthy, high functioning relationships with external vendors. You are a force multiplier for the team.
You will report to the VP and GM for the studio, based in our studio in Los Angeles. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within the United States or Canada to apply.
- Establishing direction and strategy for a project or multiple teams while ensuring alignment with internal and external leadership
- Monitoring and adjusting capacity plans for a project or multiple teams to address skill gaps and identify funding needs
- Owning the budget for a project or multiple teams and partnering with finance to maintain a healthy P&L
- Being the point of escalation for conflict management and problem solving
- Partnering with DDs at all levels to train them and provide mentorship
- Establishing and maintaining team health standards through team leaders
- Identifying and implementing process improvement initiatives across full projects or multiple teams
- Approving plans, schedules, and status reports across the project or multiple teams
- Anticipating and solving studio-wide dependencies between the project and external groups
- Using change management processes to effectively communicate and measure effectiveness of project wide change
- 7+ years working as a project manager, 5+ years of experience working in a AAA game development
- Proven experience with releasing multiple AAA titles while seeing them through all phases of the development life cycle
- Experience managing internal and external teams - always knowing the status of the project and can visualize that status for any audience
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a practical work exercise. Apply online with a resume.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.