Senior Development Director
Sacramento California United States
3 months ago
“Who is EA Capital Games?”
We’re a mobile game studio and home to the highly successful title Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, the most successful Star Wars mobile game ever released, charting as the #1 grossing game in over 35 countries, and one of the Top 40 grossing games in the entire world across Apple and Google.
Collectively, we are a close-knit group of passionate gamers, obsessed with the creation of genre-defining mobile RPGs, and the vibrant live services necessary to support them. Our team culture is friendly, results-focused, and collaborative. We take our work – but not ourselves – very seriously.
As a Sr. Development Director, you'll report to our Director Product Development and will play an important role in the management of a game team and its operation, shepherding the team from one project phase to the next, while focusing on predictability, resourcing, risk management, cost monitoring, operational optimization, and collaboration.
- Foster an engaging and fulfilling work environment
- Respond to team health metrics to ensure minimal attrition
- Oversee the facilitation and execution of the game development process
- Establish the development approach and its governance
- Monitor project metrics as indicators of predictability, efficiency, and quality
- Creatively tackle challenges that threaten these KPIs
- Partner with Production to synchronize product scope and team capacity
- Build operational plans to ensure essential milestones are achieved
- Assess development team performance, and improve through process tailoring, restructuring, and resourcing
- Align the team’s focus with the established studio objectives
- Identify, catalog, and prioritize risks and opportunities, executing against them to move us forward
- Provide mentoring and career coaching to your direct reports and broader team members
- 10+ years of operational leadership experience on projects of “significant size”
- I.e., projects with large distributed and collocated teams, multi-year schedules, and $10MM+ budgets
- Deep project management knowledge, acquired through years of hands-on experience
- Experienced with AAA game franchises or comparable consumer software products
- Intimate familiarity with Agile methodologies, principles, and lexicon
“What’s in it for me?”
Glad you asked! We love to brag about our great perks like free food, hosted happy hours, annual camping adventures, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, company matched retirement, and many others! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.