Developer Support Engineer, Unity Engine
Seoul, South Korea
9 days ago
Unity Technologies is currently seeking an experienced Unity Engine Programmer (Developer Support Engineer) to handle incoming technical issues from Unity users and work with the Global R&D team to study and improve our Unity engine native codes.
This person will ideally have in-depth knowledge of Unity and how it is used in large projects, and this person will be instrumental in helping key Unity users ship amazing games and applications.
- Provide in-depth consultation and support to developers who are planning to use Unity for their games and simulations
- Become a technical expert in the use of Unity product portfolio (Unity Pro, Source Code, etc.) for game and simulation development
- Build long-term relationships with technical decision makers and influencers within key accounts
- Work cross functionally with global R&D teams to improve Unity’s engine
- Provide product development recommendations and technical data to Unity’s product development teams
- Act as a strong internal advocate for our customers ensuring feedback is communicated between sales and product engineering
- Act as an ambassador for our customers offering regionalized feedback to our product development processes
- Experience in game programming, simulation programming or games middleware with knowledge of game development process and platforms
- High level of understanding of 3D graphics algorithms and shader programming on game engine side
- Unity expert who has Game engine expert that has code level in-depth experience in commercial or in-house 3D game engine such as Unreal, Frostbite, CryEngine, Lumberyard, or Stingray
- Strong oral and written communication skills addressing various groups of customers: technical, business, and/or project management who is comfortable with travelling
- English communication skills
- PC or console games developing experience
- Experience in shipping of a couple of mobile MMORPGs
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.