This job might no longer be available.
Senior Developer, Live and Digital
18 days ago
At Unity, we’re focused on building great products that are beautiful, innovative, and help our customers unlock their creative potential through the power of real-time 3D technologies. The Creators Engineering team at Unity provides innovative experiences to both existing and new creators and across global markets.
We are looking for a Senior Developer to help build experiences that will inspire new Game Creators. Unity sees an opportunity to build a playing, modding, and sharing platform for those players coming from popular playing spaces, giving them a whole new experience in creating games. This is a chance to help define a new product, and we are looking for someone who understands game engines and editing software in general as well as Unity in particular.
In this role, you will work closely with product, design and other engineering groups to prototype and then release products that delight and amaze our customers. We will be agile while prototyping and then disciplined when it is time to shift to production. This is a new team that is excited to solve important problems for our Creators.
- You will be accountable for the technical solutions and architecture of the Player to Creator experience
- You will write high-quality code, documentation and automated tests as appropriate to maintain quality and as an example to the rest of the team
- Define and advocate for good coding practices as part of a quality mindset within the whole engineering team
- You will collaborate closely with key stakeholders from product, design and engineering
- You will contribute with ideas to improve the final product
- You will drive collaboration with teams in different locations across Unity, and ensure technical alignment as necessary
- You will guide and mentor engineers and foster their growth
- Experience as a gameplay programmer or generalist programmer in video games
- 1+ shipped commercial 3D game, preferably using Unity
- Development Languages: C# and/or C++
- Proficient in-game coding, architecture and basic 3D math
- Solid understanding and experience in software development and best practices
- Experience with mobile development
- Experience with building content creation tools
- Experience with graphics optimization or general game optimization
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
#SEN # #LI-JB