Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)
1 month ago
Our mission is to create a revolutionary virtual and augmented reality marketplace for industry and science, integrating the most powerful information available.
realworld one is a technology company that develops state-of-the-art virtual (VR) and augmented reality (AR) software solutions for the life sciences, analytical and diagnostics, pharmaceutical, chemical and processing industries. Our customers include several major, well-known companies such as Carl Zeiss, Qiagen, Tecan, GEA, KSB and Festo, among many others.
We possess strong scientific and industry expertise and have developed a systematic approach to implementing VR and AR within the areas of training, sales, marketing and service. We are privately funded and are among the largest VR and AR software companies that focus on industry solutions.
As a spin-off of IKA, a leading manufacturer of laboratory and processing equipment, we have cultivated a vibrant company culture with an international team of over 200 employees based in Germany, the US, China and India. We place great value on fostering a creative, performance-driven and employee-centered work environment for everyone – whether your specialty is working with clients, developing cutting-edge technology or crunching numbers!
In order to expand our team in Berlin (Germany), we are now looking for a talented
Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)
- Manage the production environment on Azure and handle the operations of the cloud infrastructure
- Work together with our Software Engineers to ensure security, availability, reliability and performance of our services
- Build up and manage missing parts of the infrastructure
- Participate in capacity planning and forecast our system requirements
- Develop effective documentation, tooling, and alerts to both identify and address reliability risks
- Build and manage our CI/CD pipelines
- Automate our deployment process to stabilize our production and prevent problem recurrences
- Analyze our tools and processes to detect potential issues and possible improvements
- 75% Operations / 25% Development proportion
- 4+ years of experience in administrating and configuring Linux / Unix servers
- Deep understanding of cloud architectures design and application deployment on Azure / AWS / Google Cloud
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes in a production environment
- Proficiency in infrastructure as code, preferably Terraform
- Good knowledge of scripting: Bash / Powershell / Python
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle including CI and CD pipeline architecture within AzureDevOps/ Jenkins / Gitlab / etc.
- Experience working with Virtual Machines, Virtual Networks, Load Balancers, Key Vaults, Firewalls, Message Queues, Serverless Apps
- Experience with source control version system (Git) / Comfortable working with Git
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Our offer to you:
- An opportunity to work for a market-leading, successful tech company with a broad international customer base from multiple fields, including the life sciences and the analytical, pharmaceutical, chemical and processing industries
- Receive a competitive salary in accordance with your market area
- The experience of creating highly-valuable and innovative technology, while contributing to the long-term growth of a successful tech company
- Profit from an open and modern work environment
- Be a part of a diverse international team with highly-qualified and dedicated colleagues representing over 30 nationalities
- Receive relocation and visa support
Do you want to help revolutionize the virtual world and be a part of one of the most extraordinary tech companies in Germany?
If you do, apply now and join the realworld one team! We look forward to hearing from you!
By submitting your application you give your consent for the information provided on this form to be held on computer or other relevant filing systems belonging to realworld one and to be shared with other accredited employees in accordance with the GDPR 2018.