Senior DevOps Engineer
8 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Do you have strong technical abilities, excellent communication skills and can be an inspiration to your team to achieve extraordinary results?
This is an exciting role demanding a strong background in software engineering, build automation, continuous integration and collaboration.
We are part of the Engineering Effectiveness organization, which provides the tools and processes that enable development teams within our Experience Technology Group to do their job: building incredible experiences for our customers!
Our team owns the reliability, scalability and performance of infrastructure and systems that power these tools and processes, ranging from basic AWS services to more elaborate systems like Kubernetes. We are also responsible for our CI/CD infrastructure that consists primarily of Jenkins.
We are looking for a technically strong engineer with experience building and operating production systems. We believe passion and personality matter! As such, we need technical innovators that can move the business forward both technically and culturally.
- Empower development teams to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability, and simplicity
- Design, build, and maintain the core CI/CD tooling used by all of our development teams
- Drive cross-team and cross-org alignment around efficiency
- Initiate deep technical design discussions within your team, and across partner teams, and ensure that we are building the right systems and keeping the quality high
- Build and scale out our monitoring and metrics tooling, standards, and processes, to facilitate data-informed decision making
- Thrive in a high autonomy environment surrounded by unsolved problems
- Collaborate with team members from PlayStation offices around the world
- You are experienced in building and managing complex and highly scalable/available systems
- You have experience in deploying, operating, and managing customer-facing services in AWS or other cloud platforms
- You have extensive experience with continuous integration tools (preferably Jenkins), and have personally built out an end-to-end CI/CD pipeline
- You have intimate knowledge of time series metric databases (e.g. Prometheus, InfluxDB), data analytics and visualization (e.g. Grafana, Kibana), or distributed tracing
- You are familiar with software engineering methodologies and bring a well-adapted approach to testing and driving reductions in technical debt
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are able to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.