Senior DevOps Engineer
20 days ago
Scopely is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Star Trek Fleet Command team in Shanghai.
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play, every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
Star Trek Fleet Command's ongoing success goes from strength to strength. Our in-house developed RPG was launched in 2018 and continues to evolve, being consistently one of the top 10 gross revenue Massive Multiplayer Strategy games on the market.
What You Will Do
This role will be changing our game from the current infrastructure of Terraform, AWS and other 3rd party hosting vendors to Kubernetes and self-hosted replacements as required by our publishing partner. You will also be adjusting in-house deployment and query tooling to work with the main infrastructure as well with the ported infrastructures. You will be part of a small, skilled cross functional development team, who is tasked to bring our Scopely games to Chinese players and help our publishing partners to be successful by providing support.
- Port cloud infrastructures using Kubernetes, Docker and Terraform
- Set up and maintain the development environments for the porting work done by the cross functional team
- Work closely with our Chinese publishing partners to enable them to host and operate our games. Co-design with them optimal ways to host our games in a performant and resilient way
- Work closely with our central Technology teams in Europe and the USA to resolve issues and assure forward compatibility
- Automate image creation for any game and infrastructure updates
- Adjust our in-house tools to support multiple infrastructures so they can also be used by our Chinese publishing partners
- Test thoroughly and in detail all your work
- Drive best practices, such as immutability, infrastructure-as-code, self-healing, downtime avoidance, etc.
- Be part of a cross disciplinary team that uses a scrum-ish process
- Be part of breaking down stories into technical tasks, estimations and sprint planning.
- Hit sprint goals with a high product quality
- Be part of the on-call schedule to support our publishing partner with urgent issues
- Help our publishing partner with troubleshooting hosting and operational issues
- Create and maintain documentation for internal and external teams
What We’re Looking For
- At least 5 years of DevOps or related experience
- Excellent Linux skills
- Experienced in working with Python and Shell scripting
- Experienced in working with dockerized environments
- Solid experience in using Kubernetes
- Experienced in CI/CD process and common automation tools, familiar with automated release process
- Experienced in monitoring, alarm and logging systems
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform
- Deep knowledge about networking tech (such as TCP, HTTP, NAT, VPC, LBs etc) including cloud architectures
- Solid understanding of how architect resilient and performing cloud infrastructures for large scale concurrent users and near real time latency requirements
- Professional work experience with git
- Goal-oriented teamwork and service attitude, eager to help others
- English can be used as a working language
- Be a gamer
- Experienced with localization project
- Professional experience working with AWS
- Being familiar with the most commonly used cloud and CDN providers in China
- Ability to manage across time zones and cultures is a plus
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.