Senior DevOps Engineer
Austin Texas 78729 United States
9 days ago
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
What a DevOps Systems Engineer does at EA:
- Work closely with team members to understand system/software stakeholder requirements through full life cycle of the most complex application development.
- Responsible for the more complicated designs and implementation of applications’ build, release, deployment, and configuration activities in an Agile/DevOps environment.
- Guides Development Operations Engineers with the more complex development products.
- Works with stakeholders to gather requirements, prototyping, architecting, implementing, updating solutions, building and executing test plans, performing quality reviews, managing operations, and triaging and fixing operational issues.
- Adjusts to constant business change, changes in requirements, evolving goals and strategies, and has strong knowledge of emerging technologies. Ability to interact, develop, engineer, and communicate collaboratively at the highest technical levels
- Supports the current online gaming infrastructure by deploying Online and Live game features. Maintains virtual game online infrastructure environment.
- Works with local and remote DevOps, Server Side, and Software developers to investigate and design future gaming online infrastructures in support of new game features.
- Responds to outages and alerts quickly to ensure public availability of our online services.
- Refines processes to develop a culture of quality and high availability.
- Automates processes to increase efficiencies.
- Helps architect and implement solutions that solve complicated application challenges around performance, scaling, and security.
- Instrument monitoring solutions to gain insight into application performance and understand emerging issues.
- Maintains deployment software and tools (Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible etc.) Work closely with developers to ensure on time delivery of services.
- Participates in 24x7 on-call support and maintenance activities.
The next EA DevOps Engineer also needs to have:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience.
- Experience in managing high traffic applications and services, in release management, tracking and troubleshooting live issues.
- Experience working in a virtualized environment. Containers/Docker (preferred), AWS (preferred), GCP, Azure, VMWare ecosystem, Kubernetes (preferred), Vagrant etc.
- A strong understanding of *nix is mandatory. Familiarity with both RHEL and Debian family distros is preferred. Strong skill with ad-hoc scripting is required. Understanding of core services like DNS, DHCP, LDAP, logging, etc.
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery tools like Jenkins, Artifactory, Ansible, Chef, Terraform, Nomad, Puppet etc.
- Experience with Monitoring tools, like Graphite, Grafana, Kibana, Nagios etc.
- A strong understanding of distributed systems is a must. An Understanding of middleware, proxies and application integration. Understanding of the CAP theorem, techniques for high availability, service discovery, secret management, etc.
- A strong understanding of networking basics is preferred. Switching/routing, VPNs, load balancing, proxying, network virtualization, firewall basics (especially iptables) and general netsec best practices.
- Experience administering Java based technologies
- Working knowledge of databases (MySQL, Oracle, etc.) , caching stack of Memcache, Redis, Cassandra and Message Queuing systems like ActiveMQ, Spark, Kafka, Solr etc.
- Experience with Python is mandatory. Ability to dive into the code during triage or while trying to understand behavior is a must. Familiarity with C/C++, Go, Java, and Yum is desirable.
What's in it for YOU? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.