Senior DevOps Engineer
13 days ago
coherence is building a network engine and platform that allows any developer to easily create anything from a simple multiplayer game to a large, cloud-based virtual world. Become part of our engineering team and help us democratize multiplayer game development.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will help us architect and build services, web applications, tools and APIs to facilitate monitoring, orchestration and handling of edge cases for servers with massive scaling and maximum performance goals.
As a DevOps Engineer, you are interested in self-service tools and infrastructure, service automation, observability and crafting highly usable tools and workflows. You have empathy for our users and understand their needs and requirements.
You will play an integral role in creating low latency systems that are scalable, resilient and provide significant protection for our user’s data and anonymity. Your work will be focused on scaling, cloud services and building load balancing tools as well as backend tools and services directly impacting the core network product.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate DevOps Programmer who we can learn from and who can help us take our infrastructure to the next level. Our ideal candidate values creativity, collaboration, attention to detail and a commitment to quality and reliability.
- Develop and maintain load testing services, microservices, systems automation, and system observability functionality.
- Monitor and maintain production systems and backend services to ensure minimal downtime and maximum performance for our customers.
- Scale automated systems sustainably and continuously improve reliability, resilience, and velocity.
- Maintain live services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- 5+ years of professional experience as DevOps engineer.
- Strong proven programming skills.
- Extensive experience with AWS.
- Experience with the HashiCorp Stack (Terraform, Nomad, Consul, Vault).
- Strong knowledge of various observability and reliability tools and techniques, metrics, logging, and tracing systems such as Prometheus, Grafana, or Loki.
- Experience with running load and stress tests using Locust, k6 or similar tools.
- Proven experience building, deploying and operating large scale container-based services.
- Experience scaling systems to a large and varying number of users and across different regions.
- Problem-solving mindset, positive attitude and openness to feedback.
- Background or experience in the games development.
- Experience with build systems, Change management, CI configuration, and CD pipelines.
- Experience with Go.
- Passion about games and their potential.
We kindly request that you only apply for this role if you are within the UTC-7 to UTC+2 time zones as we will not be able to consider your application otherwise.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.