Senior DevOps Engineer
12 days ago
Job Title:Senior DevOps Engineer
Activision Central Tech works to support our development studios and their titles. Comprised of seven main teams, we have many specialties including big data, privacy and security, motion capture and animation pipeline technologies, graphics, build and infrastructure for studio development and data centers, optimization, systems programming and online services including matchmaking and networking. Central Tech is distributed globally with offices across the U.S., and in Canada, England, Ireland and Japan.
Most of our teams are comprised of both engineering and research talent, allowing us to always have an eye on the future. Our talented engineers help with title development and provide valuable knowledge sharing between studios while our researchers are action-oriented and keep a strong connection with the needs of the game studios.
Central Tech is part of Activision. To learn more about us and our research, please visit us at https://research.activision.com/.
The Activision Tools team is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join the team based in Playa Vista, California. This team builds and operates large scale cloud and on-premises systems and you will be instrumental in developing and improving them. You will help drive both performance and reliability within Google Cloud Platform and private cloud infrastructure.
We help lead innovations around build pipelines, automated testing, and infrastructure automation in partnership with multiple internal teams and game studios.
- Drive infrastructure as code and automation projects to produce scalable and repeatable infrastructure
- Monitor and troubleshoot distributed systems worldwide
- Identify opportunities for improvements both on studio side and in core system
- Work within the Tools group to build and operate game pipelines
- Work with CI/CD core team to help develop (studio-focused) feature and workflow improvements
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Ideally 5+ years industry experience, ideally across tools, build, DevOps methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong Python, Go, or equivalent programming skill
- Strong and prompt communication skills; able to collaborate with colleagues both locally and around the world
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience with: containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes), databases and key-value stores (SQL, Redis), SCMs (Perforce, git), operating systems (Windows, Linux), build deployment systems (Jenkins, SN-DBS, etc.)