Senior DevOps Engineer, Identity
6 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ONLINE GAME SERVICES
What We Do
The Identity team builds and operates the services that are the front door to all of the industry-leading experiences that Epic Games’ products offer. Account creation, client and user authentication and authorization, account management, and family experiences are just a few examples of online features that we help Epic’s products utilize. We support game teams, internal services teams, and also partner products like Epic Game Store, Unreal Engine, and Game dev tools like Developer Portal.
What You'll Do
As a DevOps Engineer, you work as a member of the Identity team to design and develop solutions that increase our capability to create scalable, resilient, and highly available services that are critical to some of Epic Games’ most popular games and products. A successful candidate will help define and implement service infrastructure and the processes, automation, and standards that allow our team to continue to provide a great experience for our development team and our customers.
In this role, you will
- Design and automate operational infrastructure to support account creation, authentication, and authorization and support services and the integrations that are used by games like Fortnite, Rocket League, Fall Guys, and many more
- Develop automation, tooling, and streamline build, test, and deployment workflows that improve the developer experience, time to delivery, and production reliability
- Participate in on-call rotation for handling incidents and investigating live site escalations
- Collaborate with teams to drive initiatives around developing and operating scalable solutions and adoption of new technologies and processes for improved productivity
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, and guidance to promote growth in our team
What we're looking for
- 6+ years of experience in a DevOps, SRE, or similar role
- 3+ years of experience working with cloud platforms
- Experience in designing, developing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Proven track record working with containerization technologies, configuration management, and continuous integration/delivery tools (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, TeamCity, CodeFresh, Jenkins, etc)
- Proven experience of proactively identifying and building solutions that increase reliability, add coverage in observability, and continue to drive up service health
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.