Senior Detection and Response Engineer II
28 days ago
Job Title:Senior Detection and Response Engineer II
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and motivated Senior Detection and Response Engineer to join its team in Irvine, CA or Austin, TX! This role is part of a 24x7x365 global security operations center, which works closely with operational teams across the Activision Blizzard enterprise.
In this role, you’ll partner across the business to execute on incident response processes, conduct investigations, and lead remediation efforts. In addition, you will be the key technical resource for Blizzard’s detection engineering capabilities, helping us find anomalous activity in a large, global enterprise environment. The ideal candidate will have prior training and experience in incident response, forensics, and detection engineering and will be looking for an excellent opportunity to merge their twin passions for gaming and security.
- Conduct incident response across the entire incident lifecycle: from initial detection and triage to resolution and after action
- Perform event analysis, including triage, scoping, live response, and disk/memory forensics
- Maintain incident policies and playbooks, introducing automation where appropriate
- Lead technical implementation of Blizzard’s detection engineering strategy, including planning and executing Purple Team exercises with Red Team
- Research current and emerging detection capabilities and develop recommendations to enhance existing monitoring solutions or adopt new ones
- Partner with security teams across the enterprise to support incident response activities and information sharing
- Act as a mentor to junior security analysts
- 5+ years of experience in information security, with a focus on detection and response
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in at least two of the following disciplines: incident response, disk/memory forensics, network forensics, detection engineering, event analysis/triage
- Experience with SIEM, SOAR, EDR, AV and other capabilities security operations teams use to detect anomalous behavior and respond
- Familiarity with one or more scripting languages (e.g., Python, PowerShell), especially for use in task automation
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel and work outside normal business hours in support of incidents
- Security-related certifications
- Prior experience in an incident handling role for a security or network operations center
- Experience with Splunk
- Familiarity with MITRE ATT&CK Framework and Purple Teaming
- Familiarity with cloud detection and response strategies
- Passion for video games and protecting them!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!