Senior Designer, POI - Unannounced Survival Project
28 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Senior Designer, POI - Unannounced Survival Project
We Want You
A new world and a new journey await you. It is a world different from any other Blizzard has created.
If you’re a passionate game developer, and, well, a good human being, then we’d love to talk to you. We have a new AAA survival game in the works, set in a new IP for PC/Console. It’s going to be amazing, and we’d love to bring you along for the ride. Together, we’ll build something big, bold, and beautiful.
We need a Senior POI Game Designer who wants to help drive the creation of outstanding FPS gameplay experiences in the survival genre. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of FPS content, gameplay, level design, and scenario design. They understand how to motivate and reward gameplay in a way that keeps players engaged. Your efforts will help strengthen Blizzard’s core value of Gameplay First.
We need your help with:
- Build AAA FPS-first open-world multiplayer spaces.
- Partner with level design and help orchestrate the process of taking POIs from concept to completion.
- Crafting rules and structures that help us make the best POIs for years to come.
- Embracing Blizzard's core value of "Every voice matter", creating a safe space for collaboration, communication, and creativity across all disciplines and departments.
You’re good at:
- Working with narrative designers and expressing the story through gameplay.
- Working closely with level designers on bringing POIs to life.
- Understanding a broad set of gameplay scenarios and when to use them.
- Communicating design vision and aligning vision across the team.
- Defining and giving direction as well as feedback.
- Understanding and advocating for different player types.
- Being self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
Extra points for:
- Experience with all kinds of FPS games and survival games.
- You love crafting and solving gameplay puzzles.
- Significant scripting and prototyping experience.
- You know how to craft jumping gameplay in first person!
- You’re passionate about what you do.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Albany, NY or Irvine, CA .
In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $110,075.00 - $149,900.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance, and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 - $149,400.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.