Senior Designer II, World - Unannounced Survival Game
9 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Senior Designer II, World - Unannounced Survival Game
We Want You
A new world and a new journey await you. It is a world different from any other Blizzard has created. If you’re a passionate game developer, and, well, a good human being, then we’d love to talk to you. We have a new AAA survival game in the works, set in a new IP for PC/Console. It’s going to be amazing, and we’d love to bring you along for the ride. Together, we’ll build something big, bold, and beautiful.
As a Senior World Designer, you will take ownership and be the point person of a portion of our world, leading a small and highly creative team to completion. Armed with the vision of the Lead World Designer, you will put your own personal stamp on your domain and create truly engaging and fantastical environments that will keep players coming back to explore. Your thorough understanding of world-building, artistic composition, and boundless creativity is integral to supporting the player experience and telling the visual stories of our unique world.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The home studio for this role is Irvine, CA. However, we understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore other possible options.
What you bring to the table:
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Creating all types of spaces, ranging from exterior zones, dungeons, and massive raid-like Points of Interest (POIs).
- Guiding a small team of your own, taking point to create a large and amazing zone to play in and explore.
- Creating large to small PVP and AI-ready play spaces, and more, frequently owning the process from start to final art polish.
- Setting up the macro scale with major geological formations to include mountains, forests, and bodies of water.
- Providing feedback to other World Design team members.
- Implementing in your Level Design the project goals and objectives, ensuring that the game's creative pillars are captured.
- Partnering with art and content design to define and create both beautiful and playable locations that effectively complement Blizzard's world-class handcrafted level design.
- 8+ years of experience in game development, or equivalent in a combination of education and work experience
- Demonstrating mastery of level design processes including, but not limited to, level flow, engagement design, pacing, storytelling, PVP, etc.
- Experience being accountable for one or more game features throughout multiple stages of development
- Embracing Blizzard's core value of "Every voice matters," creating a safe space for collaboration, communication, and creativity across all subject areas and departments
- Self-managing and communicating team planning
- Self-critiquing and accepting outside feedback
- Being self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Experience in shipping multiple titles or a AAA title
- Experience in FPS games
- Experience with AAA game engines such as Source, Unreal, Unity, or CryEngine
- Enjoy playing a variety of video game genres and titles
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. Best known for iconic video game universes including Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, and StarCraft, we’ve been creating genre-defining games for millions of players around the world for more than 30 years. We’re on a quest: bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Hard work, iteration and polish go into the Blizzard “secret recipe,” but the most important ingredients come from dedicated people who share our vision. If that sounds like you, join us.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $97,200.00 - $179,900.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.