Senior Designer (Character + Combat)
16 days ago
Scopely is looking for a Senior Designer to join The Walking Dead team in Spain, Ireland, Portugal or the UK on a hybrid basis!
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play, every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
The Walking Dead: Road to Survival team embraces the "One Team, One Dream" culture every day. Everybody is empowered to work with a high level of autonomy and ownership to deliver the best possible player experience.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the Content Design team to map out character release(s) each month
- Design new character kits that will fit with our evolving meta, understanding what players want and how to create revenue opportunities for LiveOps
- Work with the art team on delivering concepts, polish and final art for The Walking Dead Characters
- Partner with Roadmap on future updates and how it will impact the meta/combat/character(s)
- Oversee the testing efforts of each character and ensure they are fully tested and signed off
- Work with product management and game design leadership to plan, generate and schedule content for in-game events
- Review and analyze the results of your content to improve subsequent content and events
- Become a The Walking Dead Meta expert, leveraging your own experience and community feedback
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree or prior experience in a game studio (such as QA, Design, Growth or LiveOps)
- The ability to produce high-quality content under strict deadlines
- Be able to work autonomously
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working with spreadsheets and content management software
- Ability to work on a team
- Passion for video games
- Knowledge of gaming trends
- The Walking Dead game expertise is a plus
Please include a portfolio or PDF/links to examples of your work in the application
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.