Senior Designer (Action Shooter)
13 days ago
We are looking for a Senior Designer to create and deliver exceptional character, camera and control systems for a AAA service driven multiplayer shooter with a unique setting and traversal method. Working with a cross-discipline team, you will often be the product owner for features and systems that fit perfectly into the game. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual looking for their next challenge, as the team is still at an early stage of production, giving you a chance to shape and create the core gameplay interactions and see the game through its entire journey from launch through the product’s evolution in service.
- Imagining and documenting features and control systems that are intuitive to players
- Taking these systems through documentation, prototype, and full production
- Owning core game features and working with cross-discipline teams to deliver AAA quality
- Tuning these features, parameters, and interactions in Unreal 4, using Blueprints and data gained from play
- Accurately planning your work
- Assisting junior members of the design team
- Ability to deliver high-quality work, with very little guidance from others
- Exceptional creativity and design skills
- Love of multiplayer shooters
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Obsessive about delivering the very best player experience
- Pro-active communication
- Strong knowledge of at least 1 industry-standard engine, ideally Unreal 4
- Working knowledge of Agile development
- Significant professional game development experience with an impressive portfolio
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance
- Pension Plans
- Work remotely within the UK
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme - Counselling
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.