Senior Demand Planner
Geneva Geneva Switzerland
5 days ago
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
- Demand Planning Management
- International focal point owner, responsible for maximising revenue and profitability for a number of franchises across their life cycle through the region:
- IPO (International Publishing Organisation) owner of the demand assessment/generation for specific franchises
- IPO franchise expert and demand planning partner of the MS&P/FP&A/GAI Leads
For the franchises you are responsible for, you will manage (in coordination with the Local Demand Planners and your APO (Asia) counterparts):
- quality forecasts,
- pre-order programs, pre-awareness metrics,
- life cycle management,
- actionable insights on the effectiveness of key business levers
- Project Management
- International focal point owner for the different projects impacting the systems/tools used by IPO Planners (Central IPO Demand Planning Team and IPO Local Demand Planners).
- The Demand planner will be responsible for representing the IPO Demand Planning Team in the projects related to the systems (Demantra, VeraCruz, Vision) used by IPO Planners. You will need to coordinate projects delivery in alignment with the key demand planning calendar/deadlines. You will be responsible for proposing any adjustments that would improve the systems usage.
- The Demand Planner will need to understand the IPO specificities/requirements with regards to data feed and automations to make sure any change to the system setup is properly defined and validated beforehand.
- The Demand Planner will work closely with Global MDM, Commercial Operations, Supply Planning, Business IT Teams and with their APO counterpart.
Demand Planning Responsibilities
Own the International Demand Planning for specific franchises:
- Assessing the demand for our titles from Title Plan up to the de-activation of the products
- Building the International Demand Plans/Forecasts for specific franchises using market trends, product specifics, and retailer behaviours in conjunction with comparable genres and consumer data to predict sales of each title by platform.
Long term forecasting:
- Direct ownership of the International Demand Plans/Forecasts as long as they are not cascaded to the International sub-regions/countries
- Interface with the Studios and Localization Teams to decide on localization languages
Short term forecasting:
- Build 1st demand plans at country level (from IPO Demand Plan) for discussion/review with the Local Demand Planners
- Build and coordinate local forecasting processes to aggregate to an International Demand Forecast, including pre-order forecast
- Review, discuss, challenge and consolidate the demand forecasts built by the Local Demand Planners
- Assess the true demand for Supply and Server Capacity setup
- Assess the Risk&Ops vs Financial Estimates
- Sharing, reviewing Regional Demand Plans/Forecasts with APO Demand Planners to drive alignment between the 2 GPO regions.
- Sharing insight/analysis/learnings with IPO local Demand Planners to drive consistent approach thru IPO.
- Consolidating local country bottom-up demand plans/forecasts to build International Demand Plans/Forecasts.
- Measuring titles performances and the drivers behind (pricing, marketing, competition, market) and undertaking mitigating/correction actions.
- Managing Product Lifecycle through understanding retail inventory management and sales objectives, and integrate that perspective into EA’s working processes. Propose discount and markdown strategies to extend product shelf time and maximize sales/profit.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Significant experience in Demand Planning, Marketing Analytics, Business Analysis, FP&A, preferably in the videogame industry or in an FMCG industry.
- Educated to master degree level and highly computer literate
- Advanced Excel skills; SQL knowledge is a plus
- Business software intelligence skills, especially Demantra and Tableau
- Highly analytical with extensive experience in data analysis
- Fluent English skills (written and oral)
- Problem solving skills
- Communication skills
- Open, honest and reliable
- Results oriented
- Team-working attitude and ability to build relationships with the different departments
- Capacity to make clear recaps/recommendations from many different data-points: ability to communicate simply the key messages out of Big Data
- Capacity to set and implement a structured and organized approach; ability to build processes and work accordingly with them
- Ability to understand the videogame industry (products, markets, customers)
- Ability to understand the operational chain and the development cycle + the financial implications attached to it
- Ability to focus on priorities and to quickly react to market changes/news (capacity to meet tight timelines)
- Ability to take initiatives and challenge/improve current processes after having gone thru them/mastering them
- Play Games! Understanding the products (EAs and Competition titles) through hands-on experience.
Please note that the nature of our business may require that certain aspects of this job description may be subject to modification and change during the individual's period of employment.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Competitive annual salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- Game & digital download credit
- Pension scheme
- Stock plans
- Travel subsidies
- Semi-private medical, dental and life insurance
- 22 days of annual leave
- Excellent location in Central Geneva, 10 minutes from the train station
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Please apply with a cover letter and CV in English .