This job might no longer be available.
Senior Data Scientist
2 months ago
At Unity, we are passionate about gaming, and we love that we provide professional and indie creators with the leading platform to bring their ideas to life. Monthly, billions of gamers around the world discover incredible games that are Made with Unity, contributing to the success of developers and the delight of game players.
We want to go one step further. We believe that the world is a better place with more creators in it, and we see that game players themselves are becoming the creators of the future.
We are embarking on a mission to provide players, with creative opportunities and to also enhance the discovery of games made with Unity.
Join this new team as we explore the possibilities and shape the future of creativity and content discovery!
Data will become the foundation of what we are building. We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our new team. As a senior member of our team, you will be responsible for not only providing solutions but identifying new opportunities within our data and solving them with machine learning techniques. Our team develops and implements machine learning models to production and intuitively makes decisions around what approaches to take in solving hard problems.
Some of the problems we solve are player and developer profiling, improving customer retention, personalizing customer experiences, revenue optimization, and using data to improve the Unity engine!
If you have extensive experience working in the industry as a data scientist, building and implementing deep learning models in a production environment, and are excited about having a huge impact on the gaming industry then we want to talk with you!
What you’ll be doing
- Develop, optimize, and implement deep learning models to deliver a personalized experience for our users
- Identify, define, and lead data science and machine learning projects end-to-end
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and product managers to create data-driven solutions for internal business problems
What we’re looking for
- Experience developing, optimizing, and implementing traditional machine learning and deep learning models in a production environment
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of deep learning
- Familiarity with machine learning libraries such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, scikit-learn, and MLLib
- Experience working on data projects from problem identification to production
- Experience programming with Python and/or Spark
You might also have
- PhD or Masters in Data Science, Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Computer Science or another quantitative discipline, or equivalent industry experience
- Experience working with petabytes of data
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.