Senior Data Scientist
San Francisco CA us
16 days ago
WHAT YOU'LL DO
If you are looking to use your knowledge of data science to build data services for AAA video games – such as user scoring or a recommendation engine – this is the job you have been looking for.
In a data science team based in San Francisco and Montreal, you will get to deliver models and tools to engage Ubisoft players in our ecosystem as well as supporting the needs of the development team. This position is for the San Francisco Studio.
Who we are
The data science team implements internal strategies to improve large-scale communication with Ubisoft players to enrich their experiences. Our goal is to connect to players with meaningful communication while increasing engagement and acquisition. The studio team primarily focuses on creating data and machine learning tools for use in the games made at Studio SF. This includes recommendation engines, player data tracking and tailored communication.
- Collaborate with dev team members (design, UX, engineering…) to understand their needs
- Analyze player data to gather knowledge and discover insights
- Build models and data services to drive player engagement
- Test and monitor models, and improve upon them
- Own the tech design of the machine learning that we are building for a world class global game, Rocksmith. How it is built and how it will function in conjunction with the data science team
- Design machine learning systems that will directly enhance our player experience, teaching millions of aspiring musicians around the world how to play the guitar and improve their technique
- Design, create, and implement production grade systems for our audience
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Strong interest in the gaming industry with passion for guitar and music a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills enabling you to communicate complex systems with the game development and our marketing teams
- A bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science or related degree with a strong background in math, linear algebra, and/or statistics
- 3-5 years of experience as a data scientist or other relevant experience
- Proficiency in Python and Spark with experience in SQL
- Deep knowledge of data visualization and of advanced analytics
- Knowledge of Keras/Tensorflow a plus but not required
- Experienced in designing and implementing client facing algorithms to the consumer
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Fitness, physical, and eSports challenge reimbursements
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 9 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on two unannounced projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.