Senior Data Scientist
14 days ago
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-starting data scientist to join a strong team of top-notch data analysts and scientists in our wonderful Reykjavik studio.
As a successful candidate you will perform in-depth data explorations, complex modelling and in-depth analysis across CCP's portfolio of beautiful and captivating products.
You will work closely with talented people across the company on a mission of continuous improvements towards meaningful virtual experiences.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Explore and analyze data that influences the future development of CCP Games and her products
- Build models that extends understanding of our business and supports decision making going forward
- Construct visuals and stories to explain findings from data analysis initiatives
- Work closely with people across the company to identify opportunities to utilize data across products
- Participate in the adventure of building online entertainment for the masses
Ideally, we'd expect you to have:
- A bachelor's degree or higher in field adjacent to analytics (computer science, economics, engineering, finance etc.)
- Expert skills in at least two data-oriented scripting languages ( SQL, Python, R, etc.) - being able to write complex queries of your own and optimizing other people's
- A track record of building predictive and descriptive models
- Strong knowledge of at least one BI tool, such as Power BI, Tableau or Qlik
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, the ability to explain your models
- A proven track record with data visualization and storytelling
- The ability to explain the nuances of data to mere mortal teams, e.g. Marketing, Product, Finance etc.
What we can offer you:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- The inspiring challenge of working on pioneering ambitious projects with great coworkers
- An opportunity to learn and grow within an international company
- A multicultural work environment that encourages growth, creativity and innovation
- An active fun division that hosts regular events
- An excellent canteen that offers a weekly breakfast and lunch menu as well as drinks and snacks
- On-site fitness facility and showers
- Annual sports grant
- A family friendly work environment with flexible work hours
- On-site doctor, free of charge as well as other on-site services at a discounted price such as hairdresser, massage therapist and beauty technician
- Relocation package