Senior Data Scientist
3 days ago
Job Posting TitleSenior Data Scientist
SummaryWe are looking for an amazing Senior Data Scientist to support the different Game Studios at BFG. You'll be responsible for running ad-hoc analysis, visualizing data, building machine learning models, and analyzing our day-to-day operations. Successful candidates for this role have strong SQL and statistics skills, are passionate about games, and are clear communicators.
Big Fish Games is a player-centric game publisher that has been influential to the game development world over the last 20 years. Distinguished by its value-driven, collaborative, and inclusive culture, Big Fish continues to innovate the game experience, build community and connections through games, and craft meaningful games played by millions.
Big Fish has an extensive portfolio of popular casual games across genres including EverMerge, Big Fish Casino, JMS, Gummy Drop, Cooking Craze, Fairway Solitaire. Big Fish is dedicated to delivering amazing experiences for players to connect, compete and discover play, anywhere and on any device.
Big Fish is part of Aristocrat Leisure Limited.
- Engage with PMs, designers, CRM managers to identify analysis requirements
- Develop a deep understanding of available data to drive ad-hoc analysis and answer questions
- Perform statistical analysis, hypothesis testing on experimental data to validate and quantify trends or patterns identified by business
- Evaluate performance of new features and content
- Build machine learning models and work with engineering teams to productionalize model outputs.
- Effectively write, present and communicate research results with recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science or related discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, etc.
- Experience with SQL, R, Python
- Experience with manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources including collecting, assembling data, cleansing, formatting, and validation of results
- Experience with data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools and underlying algorithms
- 3+ years in the analytics function
- Data visualization and dash-boarding building experience with Tableau, Looker, or similar tool
- Experience in the gaming space
- Master’s degree in Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, etc.
- Familiarity with GCP, MySQL, Netezza, Hadoop, Hive
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
LocationUSA - Remote
Job familyBig Fish Games
Time TypeFull time
CompanyBig Fish Games
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.