Senior Data Scientist
9 days ago
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com
Early Learning Academy ® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 8 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
We are seeking a strong, highly motivated, results-oriented Senior Data Scientist to help conduct in-depth analyses and derive relevant insights. You will be an integral part of the Product Analytics team that supports our flagship product, ABCmouse.com
® , and your work will have a strong impact in influencing Product Management and Senior Executives through actionable business/roadmap recommendations that ultimately help children learn!
- Partner closely with ABCmouse.com® product stakeholders, as well as stakeholders from a variety of teams, including the executive team, curriculum, design, brand marketing, partnerships, strategy, and customer success, to surface insights and learnings that solve key product challenges
- Develop statistical analyses and build and deploy machine learning models to understand and predict customer behavior and product performance
- Create, report, and interpret key metrics to assess performance, measure the impact of strategic initiatives, and identify ways to grow revenue and reduce costs
- Support A/B and multivariate testing and implementation across desktop and mobile platforms to inform product strategy, engagement, retention, lifetime value, product, and content recommendations, and personalized experiences
- Create beautiful and informative automated/real-time dashboards and visualizations
- Communicate results to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Identify actionable insights that positively affect both company revenue and learning outcomes for children
- 4+ years in a data-intensive role and Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (or equivalent training and experience) OR
- Master’s or Ph.D. in a quantitative field and 2 years of experience in a data-intensive role
- Sound knowledge of analytical, statistical, and machine learning methods, including predictive modeling, clustering algorithms, recommendation engines, and natural language processing
- Experience designing a/b tests and conducting statistical analysis to produce test results
- Experience productionalizing models a plus
- Proficiency in SQL and Python or R, experience building R Shiny apps a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Curious, motivated, self-starter, collaborative, team player
- Passionate about high quality, insightful data analysis
Age of Learning currently provides:
• 90% - 100% of health and welfare benefit premiums
• A 401(k) program with employer match
• 15 paid vacation days plus 11 observed national paid holidays
• Team bonding events and a highly collaborative environment
• Commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment in addition to an inclusive and supportive company culture
• Access to our internal DEI Task Force that focuses on ensuring our products represent all children on a global scale
• Opportunities for professional growth through professional learning and development programs
• A temporary 100% remote work environment, due to COVID restrictions, to help ensure the safety of our employees
• Monthly internet stipend provided due to temporary remote work environment