Senior Data Scientist - Performance Marketing
11 days ago
Craft:Data, Analytics & Strategy
Performance Marketing - Senior Data Scientist
King makes great games that offer fun, bite- size entertainment experiences for everyone to enjoy. We have a new opportunity for a brilliant Data Scientist to join the Performance Marketing team, where you will work to maximise the ROI across King's paid digital investment. You will be part of a community of 80+ business intelligence, analytics, and data science experts, and work closely with various teams across the company to develop your own skills and capabilities.
King is committed to help its employees develop in their roles and broaden their careers: we offer a wide range of online and offline learning opportunities around both technical and soft skills.
We're looking for a team player, who gets excited about answering difficult business problems, and isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves and get deep into the data. This is the perfect role for someone who wants to push the boundaries of user acquisition analytics and apply their technical skills within a growth mindset.
You will be strong in quantitative analysis, statistics or mathematics, and have the ability to draw business insights that will add real value to King. You will need to demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and work in a fast paced and collaborative environment whilst communicating effectively with teams throughout the company.
Your role within our Kingdom
Amongst other responsibilities, you will work with the Performance Marketing Strategy team to improve the sophistication of our data analytics. You will help build cutting- edge LTV, attribution, & propensity models with the overarching goal of improving marketing ROI. With your strong data science background, you will also provide guidance to our media buying teams and advise on how they can improve their test & learn framework. Most importantly, you will be a conduit between business and technical stakeholders, ensuring that there is alignment across different teams.
Specifically, you will:
- Build & maintain statistical models and analytic frameworks that allow us to invest in marketing more effectively
- Translate business needs into actionable models and data products that will empower our media buying team
- Develop analytic strategies, design and run experiments to answer complex business questions, both systematically and on a one- off basis
- Collaborate with a cross- functional team including media buyers, CRM experts and business analysts to support King's marketing strategy
- Work with engineering, development and data- warehouse teams to ensure our data is precisely specified, understood and consistent
Skills to create thrills
- BA/BS preferably in maths, statistics, computer science or economics
- Significant experience in data science or analytics roles, ideally supporting a marketing function
- SQL: Be able to write complex SQL queries to analyse our databases with 300+ million players, and work effectively with cloud relational database systems (e.g., Google BigQuery)
- Analytical coding: Proficient in a statistical programming languages like R or Python
- Stats: Understanding the appropriate statistical techniques to use in different circumstances
- Communication: Designing good ways of communicating, visualising or reporting your results/analysis so they are clear and unambiguous
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain your views in a concise and coherent way
- A knack for asking the right questions, then answering them with sound data and analysis
- MSc in maths, statistics, marketing or economics
- Experience in predictive modelling, ideally within a gaming and/or marketing environment (can be through internships, research projects, or other work experience)
- Good knowledge, genuine passion, and interest of gaming/tech/media industry trends
- Knowledge of digital marketing & advertising technology ecosystem
- Proven business acumen with strategic and analytical capabilities, with experience using data to help drive strategy and business decisions
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that’s it.
We’re Seriously Playful
Officially, we’re a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we’re a serious business that’s not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let’s talk.
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com