Senior Data Scientist, Organizational Development
6 months ago
Job Title:Senior Data Scientist, Organizational Development
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall® , Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
We are looking for a creative, highly driven Sr. Data Scientist that will help lead our People Analytics data science efforts and help Activision Blizzard deliver on our vision. People Analytics involves human psychology and is as much an art as it is a science. Creativity is key to conducting research and providing insights to improve company health. You will partner directly with Talent Acquisition and HR leadership, across Activision Blizzard.
- Your core responsibility will be to lead our new talent targeting products. Develop, enhance, and deliver BI automation to ensure we are ahead of the game in finding and recruiting the best talent
- Help uncover opportunities for Activision Blizzard to improve in our recruiting efforts by deeply studying our hiring funnel and surrounding processes.
- Identify creative analytical methods to drive strategic decisions regarding talent pools and location of talent
- Provide expert advice and education in the usage and interpretation of data to the Talent and HR teams. Provide actionable data insights that will make meaningful differences to their decisions and strategies.
Advanced degree in a STEM related field (e.g. operations research, statistics, applied math, engineering, business analytics); PhD preferred
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms
- Demonstrated proficiency in Python and SQL; additional knowledge of other data mining software (Spark, Scala, etc.) is a plus
- Ability to easily understand complex algorithms and logic to process data
- Experience working with a large volume of data with ability to solve performance issues
- Basic business intuition and clear expertise in analyses; ability to describe analytic processes including when and why specific approaches are favored
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to visualize and report insights creatively in variety of formats to various stakeholders